Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does this state still have blue laws?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does this state still have blue laws?

When I lived in LA, I could goto the Ralphs ( Kroger ) down stairs and get Vodka, Tequila, anything I wanted without issue at anytime on any day.

When I come back to DFW I find that you can't buy vodka in a grocery store... what the fuck? It has to be a place that is not attached to any other business and only at certain times and labelled as Spirits or some shit. What is this 1950s crap?

Is there anyone here that supports this garbage? How the hell is it still enforced.

Take your fancy ass back to LA then!
    sigpic

Comment

Fuck that, they may let you drink, but you goto prison if you change your head light bulbs

Comment

You know, I almost got taken to jail for having yellow racing lights that were blue when they weren't powered for impersonating in my 93 Z28 lol.

You know those small square lights on the bottom near the fogs on the old Zs and irocs..
        sigpic

Comment

damn man why were trying to impersonate a cop.

My friend figured out how to set his trucks alarm off when we were driving, we pulled over a few people with our front strobe lights going off haha

Comment

Small town Bulls shit cops had it in for me in terrell tx. Now I hate all cops forever and always.
            sigpic

Comment

Bible Belt
              The hand that feeds, bleeds.

Comment

Originally posted by zora04 View Post
                Bible Belt
                Yep, try finding an open store in say.. Florence, South Carolina on Sunday. Or anything to eat before noon...

Comment

Go to utah salt lake city sometime its worse than here.

Comment

Yeah, it's dumb as fuck.
                    Louisiana has weird laws on the subject too, but some cities allow liquor to be sold at walmart.

Comment

iirc

The "Texas alcohol and beverage commission" aka tabc sets all of those rules.. But it's been that way here as long as I can remember..

I agree they're stupid laws

It's also stupid that places can't sell booze past certain hours..
                      Liq stores m-sat close at 9pm and nothing on Sunday

Restaurants clubs 7am-2am mom-sat and on Sunday you can't serve booze without food until noon..
                      "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by abecx View Post
                        Is there anyone here that supports this garbage? How the hell is it still enforced.
                        nobody has sued the state about it.

Comment

Biggest problem I have with the blue laws is that I only crave a bottle of liquor once the liquor store is closed. If they were open all the time I wouldnt ever drink.

Comment

Florida[edit]
                            Several counties prohibit the sale of alcohol and sex toys on Sunday and during certain hours
                            sigpic
                            "Lookin' back in front of me in the mirror's a grin,
                            through eyes of love I see I'm really lookin' at a friend
                            We've all had our problems that's the way life is,
                            my heart goes out to others who are there to make amends".

Comment

Originally posted by abecx View Post
                              Fuck that, they may let you drink, but you goto prison if you change your head light bulbs
                              So incredibly frustrating, even moreso now that I don't drink, and want to get back into the car hobby. I can go pick up a bottle of 151 and destroy my liver right now, but not a ball-bearing turbo kit, because think of the puppies.

Comment

Working...
                              X