Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Titty bar DJ = Qualified for offshore work....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Titty bar DJ = Qualified for offshore work....

I was talking to one of the Asset Integrity guys on board, they're a 3rd party that comes on to check out the subsea assets when we are doing an inspection job with the ROVs.

Basically looking at pipes, risers, anchor lines, trees, jumpers, whatever is down there. Sometimes they're using a tricked out blaster to blow barnacles off of things, or when bored, shooting crabs that have built a house inside of a cubby hole.

Anyway, I asked the dude what kind of background one must have to be on the Asset Integrity squad, and he just kinda grinned and said, "well before this I was a DJ at a titty bar for 20 years"... LMAO!

I actually get it.

Surely some stories will be shared.

Comment

Well damn I should apply...what company was this former dj working for?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
        Surely some stories will be shared.
        Don't worry SVO will tell a personal story of his soon enough.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jefehbk View Post
          Tittyholics Anonymous.

Comment

Originally posted by jefehbk View Post
            Not that long ago the requirements for getting into oil and gas werent that high. I know a lot of people that dont have degrees who made serious bank.

Offshore and field jobs that require months away from home were the hardest to fill so they couldnt be picky.

When oil is 100+ per barrel...the most expensive thing is not having staff to get it out of the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
              Tittyholics Anonymous.
              But you'd have to want to quit.
              "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Well the pun was that his 20 years of inspecting ASSets surely must have been good enough for the bosses. I could see how one could draw the comparison and turn it into a positive during an interview...

Comment

Working...
                X