Becoming a citizen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Becoming a citizen

My wife is filling out the paperwork to go from a permanent resident to a citizen and I'm amazed at the amount of papers there are. One of the questions is actually "Were you ever part of the Nazi Party?" "Did you ever contribute to the Nazi Party?" "Have you ever engaged in torture?"

I got hit when I told her to check yes because marriage counted.
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

My grand dad was filling out some papers for a government gig many, many years ago and one question was "Are you or have you ever been a member of a group dedicated to the over throw of the US government". He said yes but no one noticed until his papers hit the very top levels and then the shit hit the fan. The FBI was beating on his door in the middle of the night and dragged him off to be questioned. They felt really stupid when he reminded them that he was rank in the German army and that was the reason he had been recruited in the first place.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

That was another question I laughed about. As if anyone who had nefarious intentions would say "Yes, yes I do. Let me tell you about my membership."

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
        That was another question I laughed about. As if anyone who had nefarious intentions would say "Yes, yes I do. Let me tell you about my membership."
        They ask that so they can throw you in the pen for lying if they find out otherwise after the fact. The penalty is pretty stiff.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I think NatGeo did a special on this.... it was actually pretty cool to watch.

Comment

Be careful Frost. You help her finish that and you may soon find yourself washing your underwear and fixing your own sammiches.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
              My grand dad was filling out some papers for a government gig many, many years ago and one question was "Are you or have you ever been a member of a group dedicated to the over throw of the US government". He said yes but no one noticed until his papers hit the very top levels and then the shit hit the fan. The FBI was beating on his door in the middle of the night and dragged him off to be questioned. They felt really stupid when he reminded them that he was rank in the German army and that was the reason he had been recruited in the first place.
              Sure he did...
              Originally posted by Silverback
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by codsack View Post
                Be careful Frost. You help her finish that and you may soon find yourself washing your underwear and fixing your own sammiches.
                Seems to happen with a fair degree of frequency doesn't it.
                WH

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                  Sure he did...
                  Colonel Claus Schenk Graf von Stauffenberg.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
                    Outdated and full of bullshit. Yet, Paco can do whatever the hell he wants and not get deported.
                    No shit, tell them she is a muzzy and go to the front of the line.

Comment

Originally posted by codsack View Post
                      It's been 8 years on the 16th. It's past the 2 year return policy. Hell, the first year of our marriage, she was still in New Zealand and if she annoyed me, I just didn't log into yahoo chat. It was great. I love being married and we're very rarely apart for more than an hour or two at the most. We work well together.

Comment

Working...
                      X