Marriage, kids, and back surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
    That's almost exactly my situation. I never had a strong desire to have kids, but I knew part of the deal marrying my wife was that a kid was part of the it. Short, easy negotiation said ok, but one kid only (I am an only child and it rocked). She struggled with it a bit when the kid was a toddler because momma hormones said "MORE!" but now that our daughter is almost 10yo, my wife reminds me often how happy she is that we just had the one kiddo.

It can be a giant pain in the ass on a regular basis, but I never could have foreseen the joys baked into it as well.

Parenthood is both the most difficult and wonderful thing that can happen to you.
    I can't believe your kid is 10 already. Holy shit!

OP, it's not always going to fun but it's amazing once you and that kid click. My kid was a pain the first 6 or 7 months but now that she's just over a year old I can't imagine life without her. The challenge of raising an infant brought my wife and I closer than I ever thought possible.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
      Interesting perspective on the only child thing, guys, thanks.
      My wife and I are in the opposite boat - my son just turned 4 and we decided a while ago to go full in and try for a 2nd. Having our first was very challenging, so we knew it'd be tough. We tried a few months on our own, then dropped a fortune on IUIs that unfortunately didn't work. We're currently meeting with doctors and seriously contemplating dropping an additional $10k on IVF. I can't give you a concrete reason other than: 1) we really love being parents and want another; and 2) we really want our son to have a sibling. The odds aren't in our favor with the IVF, I'm still on the fence about the whole thing.
      I feel your pain. My wife and I tried for years and could not conceive. Turned out I had excessive varicose veins that were boiling the guys to death before they got a chance to do anything. Had surgery to have a bunch cut out and a few months later wammo bammo she was knocked up. I just worry the veins have grown back because we haven't used protection in months and nothing is happening again. I thought knocking chicks up was easy...lol

Also, Anastrozole works miracles.

Comment

Working...
      X