2004 Jeep Liberty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 Jeep Liberty

Anything quirky I should be concerned about with Jeep Liberty's? I'm looking at a used cash car for my daughter and came across this one.

well, it's got a 3.7, so that will grenade without warning, and replacement will run about what they have it listed for, so there's that.

They also love to eat window regulators.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

We had them in the shop frequently when I was working at a Dodge dealer. IIRC the majority of them were the CRD cars.
      Originally posted by Leah
      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

thanks for the heads up!

Comment

what about Explorer's?

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
            well, it's got a 3.7, so that will grenade without warning, and replacement will run about what they have it listed for, so there's that.

They also love to eat window regulators.
            Both of these.
            "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Get an older escape. Great little SUVs.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                Not only that but you'll have to replace it again immediately when they realize it has the wrong tone wheels.

You'd also be really lucky to get 17 mpg out of one. That's all mine was good for. Which isn't horrible for an SUV but these are pretty small. They are RWD or 4wd but Rav4s are about the same size and knock down double that.

Comment

Originally posted by KWClutch View Post
                  Get an older escape. Great little SUVs.
                  Absolutely. Wife's Mustang v6 was having all sorts of issues so we traded it in towards a 2002 Escape back in 2008 and that little thing was great. We have the V6 XLT and it pulled our pop up camper no problems. Sold it at 122,000 miles with zero problems to a FedEx lady driver and got back most of what we paid for it.

Comment

Have either of you guys heard of any issues with the 4wd models? I found one with complete maintenance record

Edit: Asking about the Escape 4wd
                    Last edited by GeorgeG.; 01-31-2016, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Wouldn't go near them. Horrible vehicles.

Comment

Originally posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
                        Wouldn't go near them. Horrible vehicles.
                        Are you referring to the Liberty or Escape? I was asking about the Escape in my earlier post

Comment

Last fall I had a Jeep Liberty as a rental vehicle for a week. Biggest POS that I've had to spend time in. Nothing at all that I liked about it.

Comment

I've ruled out the jeep liberty...just can't change the title

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                              Are you referring to the Liberty or Escape? I was asking about the Escape in my earlier post
                              Sorry, Liberty.

Escapes are fantastic vehicles. My buddy has a '10 limited that's really holding up well.

Comment

Working...
                              X