No announcement yet.

Uverse vs Direct TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just cut the cable already. The air broadcast these days is awesome. I recently swapped my box and antenna and picked up another 40 channels. I think we're up to 96 channels that come in now. Yes it is mostly unwatchable crap, but it's not any worse than the cable I used to spend about 150/mo to watch before.

We have pretty good Charter internet (I work from home) and if we really feel the urge to watch a movie or series, we get Amazon Prime, Netflix, etc. through a Roku.
    When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
      Just cut the cable already. The air broadcast these days is awesome. I recently swapped my box and antenna and picked up another 40 channels. I think we're up to 96 channels that come in now. Yes it is mostly unwatchable crap, but it's not any worse than the cable I used to spend about 150/mo to watch before.

We have pretty good Charter internet (I work from home) and if we really feel the urge to watch a movie or series, we get Amazon Prime, Netflix, etc. through a Roku.
      This is what we do. Just point the antennae towards Cedar Hill.

We also use a Tivo with 500gig DVR. It has some online apps like Netflix and Plex installed on it.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post

I assume there are DVR's that work without having a cable/satellite subscription? That's my big hang up about cutting cable, I like the ability to record, set subscriptions etc...

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
          I assume there are DVR's that work without having a cable/satellite subscription? That's my big hang up about cutting cable, I like the ability to record, set subscriptions etc...

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
            I am 99% sure the USB port on the digital tuner I just bought will let you stick a thumb drive in it to use as a PVR. Just haven't had a chance to test that out yet. The menus intimate you can set up a schedule or have it seek specific program names, etc. Here it is: [ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012H1P0MM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailp age_o00_s00[/ame]

If you're wondering why I have this shitbox, it's because my TV is an ancient 50" Samsung plasma (2007) and doesn't have a digital tuner built in.
            When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

I just switched. At&t is going to phase out uverse tv with the directv acquisition.

I still have some kinks to work out, like on demand, but it seems ok.

Comment

Working...
              X