Uverse vs Direct TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uverse vs Direct TV

I've been with Uverse for about 5 years and every year after my promotional offer runs out my bill goes back up to over $60. I always call and speak with retentions and get a lower rate but never the same as a new customer. I noticed that they have Direct TV now for cheaper than Uverse. Any pros and cons to switching from Uverse to Direct for the cost savings?

neither

Comment

Aren't they the same company now? Both owned by AT&T now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

I've had both and have Uverse now...they both suck and are over priced.
        Originally posted by Da Prez
        Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
        Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Time Warner and Grande are also available in my neighborhood. I really like the wireless boxes.

Comment

If you have access to Grande I'm not sure why you are asking about anything else.
            QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

Originally posted by Jewrrick View Post
              If you have access to Grande I'm not sure why you are asking about anything else.
              This, it's the best option if Google Fiber isn't available.

Comment

I can not wait to go back to FiOS. Uverse is horrible. 90% of the time it doesn't give me near the download speeds it advertises. I have to reset my modem at least 2-3 times a month. They have had 2 people out to look at it and try to fix it with no good results. Have to call at least once a month to send a fresh signal when I'm getting like 10-20% of my download speed.

Comment

Will Grande run a line to my garage? With Uverse I don't have to worry about that because of the wireless receiver.

Comment

I was a Uverse customer and just switched to DirectTV (also ATT). We were getting my wife a new phone and the sales rep was asking us about our Uverse and said they could save us a bunch of money if we switched to DirectTV. I shrugged it off because I just wanted to get out of there but was BSing with the manager later.

He said ATT is offering really good rates to switch to DirectTV. They are trying to free up bandwidth on the fiber and get people off Uverse TV. I went back a couple days later and ran the numbers and switched. I ended up saving ~$52 a month across my TV, internet and home phone (work from home and need a land line) for 1 year and still less than I was paying before for the second year. The DirectTV package I'm getting is actually better than what I had through Uverse also.

Comment

Uverse absolutely sucks balls. I just dropped them and went with DirecTV and wished I did it a long time ago. I don't have much of a choice in my area, but DirecTV is far superior.

Comment

I have direct tv and hate it. We loose service any time it is cloudy, the boxes freeze up almost daily and I have to unplug them to reset them, my daughters wireless box has been swapped out 3 times and still randomly shuts off and restarts, half the time it won't record shows that it is suppose to... Their customer service is worse then AT&T, we called to see about getting another box for my daughters room and they told us to pound sand that they will not swap it out again even though it is still giving us problems. I cannot wait for the contract to be up. We had uverse at our old house (cable and Internet) not once did we have an issue, never lost service, Internet was plenty fast for us, never had an issue with the boxes and dvr system. I wish they offered it where we are now.

Comment

I have had both and been happy, I think costs were about the same but it has been a few years since I had uverse. Once the directtv contract is up I am seriously thinking about getting rid of it and doing all netflix, amazon prime, roku, or whatever else is available to save money sine 90% of the channels dont get watched.
                          I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                            I have had both and been happy, I think costs were about the same but it has been a few years since I had uverse. Once the directtv contract is up I am seriously thinking about getting rid of it and doing all netflix, amazon prime, roku, or whatever else is available to save money sine 90% of the channels dont get watched.
                            We are thinking to go this route also so long as we can get internet service at our new house this summer. our cable bill is around $140 a month and that's not even a good channel package.

Comment

I have the gigapower from uverse, it's expensive and not as fast as advertised.

Ditching cable was great, but i miss having sports channels.
                              ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Working...
                              X