Self Employed Mortgage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self Employed Mortgage

Has any body that is self employed got a mortgage lately? I have the 20% down and good credit just not in business for 2 years yet.

When I went to get a mortgage we had good credit, I had the 20% down and I didn't buy because they couldn't count my income so basically we were only eligible for what my wife could afford. It was very frustrating.

Comment

Last I remember was they want the last 3 years of your tax returns

Comment

They asked me for the last 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by KWClutch View Post
          They asked me for the last 2 years.
          That's because they knew you had that long-term auto loan you could use to pay the mortgage down.
          Originally posted by davbrucas
          I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

I had to do a in house with a five year balloon/30yr term. My rate for the first five years is pretty good at 4.15, 20% down. Mine was due to many things, but I could go to a secondary market loan now that I have two years of returns.

Comment

So it is 3 years? If that's the case I might end up having to wait one more year. We want to get into a house this summer and I'm at 2 and a half years out of my company.

Comment

Church hill mortgage does manual underwriting which is what you'll probably need to do.

Comment

I'm in the same boat, have to be solvent for 2 years or put 20% down. Typically if you have 20% down, they dont give a shit as long as you can show that you make enough money. Bank statements were enough for me to be approved with my 20%.

I should add my loan was a bank secured loan through my credit union ( they were taking the risk ), I forgot what the term is actually called, but it wasn't through the 2 main lenders.

Comment

Yeah I had the 20% and could prove my income but it didn't seem to matter. We got approved for half of what I was expecting. Which was fine because we were able to save up more money living in our apartment for the R and still have money for the DP on the house.

Comment

I am a mortgage underwriter and Freddie Mac typically only requires 1 year taxes for self employed borrowers if you can find alender that sells to a wholesale company that is setup with Freddie Mac.

Comment

FWIW i also manual underwrite all of our jombo and non corming products up to 3MM and they all require 2 years just like Fannie Mae

Comment

Yeah I had the 20% and could prove my income but it didn't seem to matter.
                          Same thing for me, I got lucky and my bank was more than happy to approve it since they've seen my bank statements for the last 15 years now. They said I could spend whatever I wanted as long as I put down 20%. I forgot my approval wasn't through the big lenders. FWIW, maybe your bank can approve you, it was called a portfolio loan.

Comment

It's all good. We know exactly what we want, just waiting for it to come available. We should be in good shape once the summer hits.

Comment

It's all good. We know exactly what we want, just waiting for it to come available. We should be in good shape once the summer hits.
                              What is your company?

Comment

Working...
                              X