No announcement yet.

Anyone here taken the DLAB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is wrong with the job they offered?

Comment

Orrrr, if you want to operate, and I mean operate...
      http://www.netc.navy.mil/centers/cen...uments/arc.pdf
      "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

That's a bummer man. Interesting you talked to the CO too.
        Can you not do the DEP program at all? I had deps for up to 10 months man. Also, I was literally talking about the ROC today. I still have that phone number saved lol.
        DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Also, its surprising to see them turn away and Alpha so easily. In 2008 we were dying for fucking anyone, and they'd do just about anything for an alpha (50+ on the asvab)
          DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
            He doesn't want to play doctor with a bunch of sailors.
            Not just sailors, they are SOCOM property, so anybody can get prostate checked by them.
            Seriously though, the pipeline for them is probably the toughest in the military.
            "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
              That's a bummer man. Interesting you talked to the CO too.
              Can you not do the DEP program at all? I had deps for up to 10 months man. Also, I was literally talking about the ROC today. I still have that phone number saved lol.
              Dude is a DBAG
              Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
              It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                Dude is a DBAG
                If you want to go into any branch, be prepared to deal with plenty of dbags! ;p

Comment

What language do you, want to intemperate for? I have a cousin that's a dean at one of the marine war colleges up north, that I could Holler at.

Comment

Sorry you had to learn the true reason those recruiters are there for. Body counts. Pretty sad but an unchanged fact for as long as we've had recruiting stations. Put feet on the yellow foot prints and move on to the next month's quota.

Go hit up the other branches. Give them your requirements and your contact info and walk out. Make them work for you.

Of course I'm partial to the Marines. So hit them first and see what they can offer you in your range of jobs.

Don't settle just to be a truck driver or a cook for 4 years unless you want to do that....doubtful.

What language are you trying for anyways? Sadly the best linguists are made from English as a second language folks. Native speakers are always going to be preferred and there are enough in the US for any language. So try not to get hung up on that. BUT you can't go wrong with an MOS in HUMINT or any intelligence gathering job. Not sure how they future will play out but the human terrain and intel guys seemed to have great jobs.
                    Last edited by KBScobravert; 01-27-2016, 06:04 AM.
                    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
                      Sorry you had to learn the true reason those recruiters are there for. Body counts. Pretty sad but an unchanged fact for as long as we've had recruiting stations. Put feet on the yellow foot prints and move on to the next month's quota.

Go hit up the other branches. Give them your requirements and your contact info and walk out. Make them work for you.

Of course I'm partial to the Marines. So hit them first and see what they can offer you in your range of jobs.

Don't settle just to be a truck driver or a cook for 4 years unless you want to do that....doubtful.

What language are you trying for anyways? Sadly the best linguists are made from English as a second language folks. Native speakers are always going to be preferred and there are enough in the US for any language. So try not to get hung up on that. BUT you can't go wrong with an MOS in HUMINT or any intelligence gathering job. Not sure how they future will play out but the human terrain and intel guys seemed to have great jobs.
                      Solid advice right there. I'm also partial to the Marines but unless requirements changed since 09 I don't think the Marines will let you start in HUMINT. You had to be a Cpl and lat move back then.

Comment

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post

It's not even that I wanted to learn a certain language I just needed to qual for the job. Oh well, I'm just gonna keep busting my ass working out (just hit 215 from 270) and give the airforce a shot. I'm talking to guys that were CCT and TACP. Leaning to TACP a little right now. But my asvab scores qual me for anything I would want
                        It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Make sure you are running a TON!! I tried out for SERE when I was in and they DQed me because I had a previous knee problem, not even an injury, TACP and SERE run a min of 6miles a day, everyday.

I don't want to sound like a downer, but if you wash out you will be a cop or a cook. Be as prepared as possible so that you can succeed!

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                            Make sure you are running a TON!! I tried out for SERE when I was in and they DQed me because I had a previous knee problem, not even an injury, TACP and SERE run a min of 6miles a day, everyday.

I don't want to sound like a downer, but if you wash out you will be a cop or a cook. Be as prepared as possible so that you can succeed!
                            Will do. I'm starting 2 a days come Monday. I've got a bunch of mutual friends with people that did both. Hell, I work with a CCT guy now. So I'm gonna soak in all I can.

Comment

Just remember, it's just like RB6, grab a shotgun and go in guns blazing!!

Comment

Working...
                              X