Anyone here taken the DLAB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here taken the DLAB?

I'm taking mine tomorrow morning. I've done a little research on it but I'm hoping to gain a little more insight before I go in. Thanks
    Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Good luck man!

Comment

Did you already pick an MOS? Unless you like sitting behind a desk linguist wouldn't be my first choice.

Comment

حظ سعيد

Comment

18x?
          35p?

Exciting man, good luck.
          I've never taken it, but I know many that have. Im sure I couldnt contribute anything you haven't learned already.
          DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

whoever made the tag is dead right.

Comment

googled it, my wifes cousin does linguistics for the miltary. i know she speaks arabic. thats all i know.

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
                whoever made the tag is dead right.
                It's a language aptitude test. They try to determine if you'd be a good candidate to work as a translator or linguist. When you join the military you pick a specific job that your skills qualify you for. Then once you are finished with training you get assigned to a unit with a slot available for that job.

Comment

Originally posted by harrisontx View Post
                  18x?
                  35p?

Exciting man, good luck.
                  I've never taken it, but i know many that have. Im sure i couldnt contribute anything you haven't learned already.
                  35m
                  It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Anata no hi wa mijikaku, anata no chō no ugoki wa kantan kamo shiremasen.
                    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                      Did you already pick an MOS? Unless you like sitting behind a desk linguist wouldn't be my first choice.
                      HUMINT (35M hopefully with airborne)

I'm at the hotel right now.
                      Already took the asvab

DLAB tomorrow, physical Wednesday, sign next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                        HUMINT (35M hopefully with airborne)

I'm at the hotel right now.
                        Already took the asvab

DLAB tomorrow, physical Wednesday, sign next Tuesday
                        Good for you man.
                        That fucking hotel lol.

You can see the school book depository from the lunch room at meps.
                        DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
                          Male on male rape was a big issue at BAF in 2009. In the Army camp of course.
                          You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                            Good for you man.
                            That fucking hotel lol.

You can see the school book depository from the lunch room at meps.
                            You can see it when you're duck walking too. lol
                            "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by DieselSmoke View Post
                              Male on male rape was a big issue at BAF in 2009. In the Army camp of course.
                              Figured it would have been the sailors. I mean just look at helosailer..
                              WH

Comment

Working...
                              X