F150 radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F150 radio

Alright guys, I have a '05 f150 and my battery went dead and I had to use a charger. No my CD player makes this horrible clicking noise while seaching for the cd. I eject the cds but keep getting cd error. Anybody have an idea

Did you try hitting it?
    sigpic

Comment

Many many times, next step is probably going to be a bullet. Noise is so annoying.

Comment

Now that the discs are out, you may be able to disconnect the ground for a few minutes and reconnect. If still broken, replace with modern deck like 8" Alpine video. ALL in dash 6 disc units will break. ALL of them. It is just a matter of time.

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
          Now that the discs are out, you may be able to disconnect the ground for a few minutes and reconnect. If still broken, replace with modern deck like 8" Alpine video. ALL in dash 6 disc units will break. ALL of them. It is just a matter of time.
          Yup.

Our 08 expy radio sounds like its the same issue, except the disc aren't even coming out. There is a youtube vid on how to completely take the disc changer apart and usually its something that just got out of whack. But F having to do all of that every few months.

Comment

You know anyone who could hook him up with said Alpine?

David

Comment

Yep.. Mine in my 04 Mustang broke when it was like 2-3 years old (same symptoms described) but fortunately it was still under warranty. They replaced it and I immediately installed an Alpine (just a lowly single din though) and sold the factory unit..

Comment

I've got an Alpine W-900 I need to sell if anyone wants it. I need to upgrade.
                Originally posted by BradM
                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                Originally posted by Leah
                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I'm not sure where you can get one but here is a picture of an 8" in a 2006 F150. It fits perfectly in the factory bezel.
                  Picture taken with a potato. Below the A/C controls is an Alpine multi view camera controller, a digital voltage gauge, and a USB and HDMI input plug for the deck.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Potato?

I sold my factory six disc changer before I had any problems and that helped offset the cost of the Alpine deck I replaced it with.

Comment

Did you try going into your closest autozone and argue with the manager that you saw on the Internet you could take the fuse out for the cd player and the cd player would stop clicking and you could use the radio. And then argue with the manager about it, and then get upset because you didn't have the owners manual and that ford doesn't have a fuse diagram on the box. And then did you argue with him that he could just pull a couple of fuses to see if that would work so he could figure out what fuse was just for only the cd player?

Because that's what my customers like to do.

Comment

Working...
                      X