Welcome to Boyd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to Boyd

Terminally ill Star Wars fan Daniel Fleetwood had one last wish in his struggle with spindle cell sarcoma: The Houston man wanted to see The Force Awakens before he died. As the Internet caught wind of his dying wish, Fleetwood became something of a cause online, inspiring a #ForceForDaniel hashtag and leading stars of the latest Star Wars installment such as John Boyega, Mark Hamill, and Peter Mayhew to lend their support online. Both Disney and director J.J. Abrams made that happen for the 32-year-old, allowing the fan to watch an early edit of the film in November.

Fleetwood’s story, while terribly sad, nonetheless warmed our hearts. Given the intense secrecy around the most anticipated film of all time, Disney bringing a copy to Houston for a single fan to watch so he wouldn’t have to die without having seen it, was an unexpectedly sweet gesture. (Fleetwood died November 10.)

Peter Mayhew—the gentle giant who’s played Chewbacca in five of the seven Star Wars films—went way beyond the call of duty for Fleetwood’s family, though. So moved was the 71-year-old by Fleetwood’s story that he invited his family—wife Ashley and her father—to his farmhouse near Fort Worth, where the 7’3″ Englishman lives with his wife.

- See more at: http://www.texasmonthly.com/the-dail....37fLPcc3.dpuf

Sounds like Peter Mayhew is about as real as they come, as far as celebrities go. Good on him.

Comment

I didn't know Chewbacca lived so close to me.
      I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
        I didn't know Chewbacca lived so close to me.
        I didn't know chewbacca still lived.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
          I didn't know chewbacca still lived.
          And he was in the new movie...

They also cast a new actor to take over the action scenes for Chewy.

Comment

Drove thru there today, alot smaller town then i'd imagined.

Comment

Working...
            X