Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone here deal in, or have experience with heavy equipment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad you got experts in here... I'd just be the guy that says its fun to drive and I'm getting good at nose wheelies.

Comment

Originally posted by stephen4785 View Post
      Let me know when you're ready to look at one and Ill come out and check it out. I know a guy that leases cab air heat/ac bobcats for $1100/month. It's expensivene that way but you get a brand new machine.
      I personally dont like Bobcats. They're easier to work on but the lack power and replacement parts are expensive for no reason. Im looking at buying one myself and will probably get a Cat. Cats are expensive but the resale is always higher and they dont bog down as much as the Bobcats. Id rather own a Cat, John Deere, Case, ASV, New Holland(in that order). Stay the hell away from a Mustang brand. But I would rather work on a Bobcat because everything is easier to access. Depending on what you're planning to do with it make sure the pin height is high enough to load a dump truck. the older Bobcat 673, 773, 873 can barely clear a new dump truck side of the bed.
      Skid steers are easier to flip over than track steers.
      Bobcats will bog down and die constantly if you're not careful.
      A track steer is a more versatile machine then a skid steer.
      Good info, thank you very much. I may take you up on that offer, and of course would compensate you for your time.

I've seen the same thing said about the Bobcat T190 in regards to loading dump trucks. I don't think I'll have much to do in that way, and can build a dirt ramp should the need arise. The T190 seems to be popular, but a lot of people say it is underpowered, the cabs are really loud, etc. Both would be problematic I think. I'd have to go with a larger t model to combat the lack of power.

And to answer the topic question- Yes. I deal with heavy equipment all day every day. Check my sig or look at the banners. Im an authorized board advertiser. I have a customer selling a clean Bobcat 843 for $8000. Let me know if you're interested.
      I'm interested as long as it isn't the one you mentioned below that needs $8,000 in repairs.

Originally posted by DamonH View Post
      Obviously you know your situation better then I do, but I'd probably skip the turbosaw/skid steer and just pay someone with a dozer to clear the trees. Unless you are just thinning a wooded area, I think that's a better approach. I looked at the TurboSaw for one of our fields that has a honeylocust problem and that's the conclusion I've come to for us. It would take forever and a Dozer could knock it out in a day or two.
      Here's the issue. I'm trying to down all cedar trees on our property. 260 acres, and 50% of it is heavily wooded. I don't want to get rid of anything other than the cedar trees. They suck too much water out of the soil, and we're trying to improve conditions for grass to grow, so we can command more $ for grazing. A dozer is going to be too big to manuever, and they'll wipe out everything. They have their place, but I think a skid steer with turbo saw is a better choice for what we're trying to accomplish. We had a guy come out who had a 4x4 Kubota tractor, and this turbosaw. We like it specifically, because it cuts under the surface, eliminating the need to grind stumps. We're about $3000 in labor in to this, and while he's done such a good job, there is so much more to do, that it makes sense to buy rather than keep using his services. I'm also looking for property up around Farmersville, Van Alstyne, etc. I'm likely going to buy something completely undeveloped, and it would come in handy for downing trees there, building up a pad for a shop, barn, etc.

Originally posted by DamonH View Post
      I think I remember you are planning on cattle, I believe a tractor would be a better investment and easier to work on when the time comes. Just my 0.02!
      I will have cattle on the property here in Texas. I can't maintain cattle on the 260 acres in OK since I don't live up there. We have a tractor at the farm in OK. It's old, worn out, but still runs pretty reliably. The hydraulics on the loader are mostly worthless, not sure if the hoses just have too many leaks or the pump needs rebuilt. Either way, they pivot points on the loader are pretty wallered out, and we were thinking of getting rid of the loader on the tractor all together. We can still use it to plow, brushhog, etc. Turbosaw makes a model that runs off the PTO on a tractor, but our tractor doesn't have enough HP to run it. It also doesn't have a cab or any sort of protection whatsoever, so if a tree falls back my way, I'm screwed. Tractor also isn't 4 wheel drive, and 4x4 or tracks are a must for all the rough terrain I'll be covering. We could replace the tractor, but by the time you add in 4x4, 50-75 hp, etc, and it starts to exceed the cost of a skid steer pretty quickly. Another thing is, the turbo saw for a tractor is fixed. The one for a skid steer can be rotated up on end to cut vertically as well. I'm not completely against just upgrading the tractor, I just think the skid steer is more versatile. We can get it down in the creek bed, over some terrain that even a 4x4 tractor would struggle with, etc.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post

I'm interested as long as it isn't the one you mentioned below that needs $8,000 in repairs.
        Pm me your phone number and I can text you some pics. It's not an enclosed cab but for $8k is a good deal. And no it's not the one that needs $8k in work. That was is a 1998 Case 1845c. The customer of mine said that it belonged to his neighbor that barely used it and he always parked it in the barn. From the looks of it he's no lying. If youre planning on being in the West Ft Worth area we can go look at it and drive it. He was trying to sell it to me but Im looking for a newer one just to rent out. I didnt start it or drive it but it looks pretty clean.

Comment

Stephen, if he doesn't want it, we may be interested. I could also likely use your mechanic services, the guy we've used in the past is flakey as shit.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasPyro View Post
            Stephen, if he doesn't want it, we may be interested. I could also likely use your mechanic services, the guy we've used in the past is flakey as shit.
            No problem man. If bcoop passes Ill pm you. Feel free to call me anytime yall need some mechanic work done.
            817-600-7221

Comment

I personally would stay far away from 843's. They sucked anytime something went wrong and I haven't been in that game in 10 years and would royally hate to deal with its age now. You will sure tear up equipment doing what you want to do that's for sure. Is this going on in Texas?

Oh and bobcat above all. Unless you can get a steal of a deal on one of the other top brands.

Comment

No problem man. If bcoop passes Ill pm you. Feel free to call me anytime yall need some mechanic work done.
                817-600-7221
                Sent you a pm with my phone number. Shoot those pictures over when you get a chance.

Originally posted by snacksnack View Post
                I personally would stay far away from 843's. They sucked anytime something went wrong and I haven't been in that game in 10 years and would royally hate to deal with its age now. You will sure tear up equipment doing what you want to do that's for sure. Is this going on in Texas?

Oh and bobcat above all. Unless you can get a steal of a deal on one of the other top brands.
                The 260 acres is in OK. Like I mentioned, I'm also looking for some land down here that will most likely be totally unimproved, so it will need some work too, but the majority of the work is in Oklahoma.
                Originally posted by BradM
                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                Originally posted by Leah
                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Anybody have a good clearing guy? Need some fairly heavy brush cleaned up on 7 acres and also some trees cut down. That turbo saw sounds pretty awesome if it can cut below grade to avoid stump grinding.
                  Ford
                  GM
                  Toyota
                  VAG

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
                    Anybody have a good clearing guy? Need some fairly heavy brush cleaned up on 7 acres and also some trees cut down. That turbo saw sounds pretty awesome if it can cut below grade to avoid stump grinding.
                    Fecon!

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                      Fecon!
                      Thank you, sir!
                      Ford
                      GM
                      Toyota
                      VAG

Comment

BCOOP: Let me know if you are still looking for one.... I may have some lease returns that you might be interested in....

Comment

Working...
                        X