Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Buick Mustang concept car

Looks pretty good:
    We caught wind yesterday that Buick was throwing a special party at the Detroit Auto Show for what would reportedly be a sports coupe concept around the size of the Camaro, and well, here it is — The Buick Avista concept.

Its not a bad looking car I have to say....but I'm going to wait until it's in full production form to decide. I'm kinda partial to my big boxy black Buick and was hoping for something that might be a little more sport/muscle oriented. I'd like to see a new Grand National that was worthy of the name.

Comment

Offer a manual and I would be in. That is bad ass looking.

Comment

It looks great.

But aromatherapy? Really??
        "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

What the...

The concept is also said to feature noise insulation, aromatherapy, and the next generation of Buick’s IntelliLink infotainment system.

Guesstimate on price? I'm gonna say, with options, close to $50K

Damnit, GhostTx beat me to it!

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
            What the...

The concept is also said to feature noise insulation, aromatherapy, and the next generation of Buick’s IntelliLink infotainment system.

Guesstimate on price? I'm gonna say, with options, close to $50K

Damnit, GhostTx beat me to it!
            Yea, I was thinking the starting price would be in the mid 40's. So 50K on a well optioned one makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
              Yea, I was thinking the starting price would be in the mid 40's. So 50K on a well optioned one makes sense.
              Yeah, you can't get a nice car with options for less than 40 any longer! Well, unless you get the DFWMustangs Discount at GV Ford!!!

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                Yeah, you can't get a nice car with options for less than 40 any longer! Well, unless you get the DFWMustangs Discount at GV Ford!!!
                I guess that somewhat depends on your definition of nice car as well. A Focus ST is a pretty nice car for less than $30K. You can get a fairly well loaded MB CLS for under $40K.

But now we're talking 400+ HP cars in the low $30k range. That was Exotic Car kind of power in the 90s. We're paying more for cars but we're getting a lot more car for the money.

Comment

So they changed the grille on the Aston Martin?

Comment

Cool concept, but if it ever makes to the dealer floor it'll be a disappointing watered down turd. The wife got a turbo Verano last year and I fucking hate it. The most unergonomic piece of shit ever. Nothing on this car was well thought out. It's like GM gets all their rejected designs and throws a Buick emblem on them to recover the cost of the R&D.

Comment

The more I look at it, the more I like it.

Buick has a long history of showing slick concept coupes only to keep producing land barges.

I'd love to see this one be made though.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                        The more I look at it, the more I like it.

Buick has a long history of showing slick concept coupes only to keep producing land barges.

I'd love to see this one be made though.
                        buicks line up right now is pretty slick, and on the compact side

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
                          I lock the windows before I give my passengers aromatherapy.
                          ...and make sure the A/C is on recirculate.

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
                            buicks line up right now is pretty slick, and on the compact side
                            I know you like to be the contrarion, but point me to their two door coupe and we'll talk.

Comment

i just meant the encore regal enclave etc are quite compact and very nice cars. I like this new concept.

Comment

Working...
                              X