Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Denny
    Nope. You just listen to me, Billy.
    I can not help it if the definition has been distorted to fit a particular political view point.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
      I can not help it if the definition has been distorted to fit a particular political view point.
      The definition of of what word?

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
        The definition of of what word?
        Terrorism and/or terrorist.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Will you tell me the definition of terrorism please?

Comment

its on fbi.gov, look it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
              I know the definition...thats why i want him to type it out. Sometimes...it blows my mind that you have such poor critical thinking skills.

Comment

I know the definition...thats why i want him to type it out. Sometimes...it blows my mind that you have such poor critical thinking skills.
                Sometimes?

Comment

ter·ror·ism
                  ˈterəˌrizəm/Submit
                  noun
                  the use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims.

Comment

is it a war on religion, race or politics? im so confused now?!

Comment

Terrorism is a pejorative term. It is a word with intrinsically negative connotations that is generally applied to one's enemies and opponents, or to those with whom one disagrees and would otherwise prefer to ignore. The decision to call someone or label some organization '"terrorist" becomes almost unavoidably subjective, depending largely on whether one sympathizes with or opposes the person/group/cause concerned. It used to mean any organized attack on a non government target when the purpose of the conduct, by its nature or context, is to intimidate a population, or to compel a Government or an international organization to do or abstain from doing any act. It now means anything you want it to mean.

Comment

is it a war on religion, race or politics? im so confused now?!
                        It is a war on a political ideology that masquerades as a religion whose members are dominated by a particular ethnicity.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
                          At least cite your copy/paste

By BRUCE HOFFMAN
                          I couldn't cite it since I did not save where it came from when I saved it to my computer. I have many more pages from many different sources but that one seemed the simplest and it closely matches what I believe to be accurate.

Comment

Terrorism is a pejorative term. It is a word with intrinsically negative connotations that is generally applied to one's enemies and opponents, or to those with whom one disagrees and would otherwise prefer to ignore. The decision to call someone or label some organization '"terrorist" becomes almost unavoidably subjective, depending largely on whether one sympathizes with or opposes the person/group/cause concerned. It used to mean any organized attack on a non government target when the purpose of the conduct, by its nature or context, is to intimidate a population, or to compel a Government or an international organization to do or abstain from doing any act. It now means anything you want it to mean.
                            The REAL definition of terrorism says nothing about the victim being non government only. What youve done is taken the one definition that suits your argument...yet you act like its others playing on the definition to suit their needs.

Comment

So Fort Hood WAS workplace violence. Got it.
                              "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

The REAL definition of terrorism says nothing about the victim being non government only. What youve done is taken the one definition that suits your argument...yet you act like its others playing on the definition to suit their needs.
                                There is no such thing as terrorism. Terrorism as we like to call it is just a tactic or a weapon. Generally it is a weapon/tactic of the weak. I am sure that they would invade us vs randomly killing a few people here and there if they could. You need to read Carl von Clausewitz.

Attacking a government entity or employee is just a normal act of war; nothing more and nothing less. It became terrorism in name when we did not agree with what was done and can not bring ourselves to admit that we are in the middle of a war even if we feel comforted by denying it and will not go on the offensive to win it. You can not remedy a problem if you will not even admit that there is one. Once you weak kneed wimps realize that the only solution is total war and all that comes with it we are just wasting our time debating how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                                So Fort Hood WAS workplace violence. Got it.
                                Soldiers being killed or injured in a war is not work place violence and I have never even come close to saying that it is or was.
                                Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 01-10-2016, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X