Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tarrant county property tax problems, anyone else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tarrant county property tax problems, anyone else?

So my taxes were due last month and I pay them through escrow and I noticed that it was never paid. I logged into the TAD site and there isn't a valuation and when I log into the county's site it shows there aren't any taxes due.

I called the TAD and apparently they upgraded their software for whatever reason and it didn't update correctly. I filed a protest last year and missed the hearing so it caused some kind of a glitch. Then I called the county tax office and was told they can't send me a bill until they get a valuation from the appraisal district.

So basically I have several thousand dollars sitting in my escrow account to pay a bill I haven't ever received. The fun part is that I'm refinancing and the lender is adding estimated taxes to the closing costs.

Has this happened to anyone else?

god I hope not.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I don't even remember getting a bill last year. It's all handled through Wells Fargo and I still have my house...so I guess it's all working.

They kept trying to jack my valuation up so I leave my solar screens on year-round so they can't look inside. Hasn't really moved much.

Comment

I've had it happen and called the mortgage company and they already paid it but I still got a letter.

Comment

Are you sure they were do last month, mine have always been due by 1/31... I'm staring at my bill right now.

Comment

Originally posted by jakesford View Post
            Are you sure they were do last month, mine have always been due by 1/31... I'm staring at my bill right now.
            It's late on 1/31.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
              It's late on 1/31.
              The 31st is the last day to pay before delinquency. But I haven't had issues paying property taxes in Tarrant Co. this year.

Comment

It's late on 1/31.
                Due by the 31st...but now he cant deduct it from his last years taxes

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                  Due by the 31st...but now he cant deduct it from his last years taxes
                  Yay, didn't think about that.

Comment

So in case anyone else runs into this scenario the title company is responsible for insuring property taxes are taken care of when the loan funds. Either you pay at closing or they are rolled into the note.

Comment

So in case anyone else runs into this scenario the title company is responsible for insuring property taxes are taken care of when the loan funds. Either you pay at closing or they are rolled into the note.
                      I thought that's how it always worked?

Comment

Working...
                      X