Screwed up my knee...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screwed up my knee...

On New Year's Eve. Fucking sucks. Spent few days up in Santa Fe for skiing and New Year's with family. 1st time skiing, and we did pretty good throughout the day. Decided to make one last run before they closed and ended up being my last run.haha
    Was going down the hill and started to pick up little too much speed, there was a small steep drop I wanted to avoid so I started to curve to right to stay above it. Well, inexperience got the best of me and couldn't get both skii's in sync, and took a good wipeout. Inside of my knee popped really good. X-rays showed nothing broken on my knee, but ankle has small stress fracture. Knee is still pretty swollen. Went to George Zoys(orthopedic surgeon) in Garland on Monday and from his test he did, says my ACL is torn and MCL is strained. Told me I had too much play in my knee. He'll confirm tomorrow when he looks at my MRI which got done yesterday.

Sorry for long story. Guess I'll be stuck at home for awhile.

Getting old sucks! Hope you have a fast recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
      i tore my ACL and LCL last January. I also had two tears on my meniscus and strained my MCL. They just went in and cleaned up the meniscus, but left the ACL at its 60% tear and LCL at its 50% tear. A year later, it's fine enough to get around, but I'll never be 100%. Good luck with yours.
      About how long did you wait between the accident and going in there to clean it up?

He estimated around 3-4 weeks for the swelling to go down and for me to have some movement before getting into the surgery talk.

Comment

i tore my ACL and LCL last January. I also had two tears on my meniscus and strained my MCL. They just went in and cleaned up the meniscus, but left the ACL at its 60% tear and LCL at its 50% tear. A year later, it's fine enough to get around, but I'll never be 100%. Good luck with yours.
        Right there with you. I had meniscus surgery about 5 years ago and while they were in there they realized I had torn about half of my ACL, but "it didn't show up on the MRI" and they were not prepared to do anything about it (not that they could) while in there, so here I am...

Sucks. Still gives me shit some days.

Comment

Did you put Vicks?
          My cousins n'em were trying to get me to go out to New Mexico to ski. I said no, for that exact reason. I ripped and tore everything in my legs playing west Texas football. If I sustain another injury, I'm taking myself out.
          .....bro....

Comment

Originally posted by A+ View Post
            Did you put Vicks?
            My cousins n'em were trying to get me to go out to New Mexico to ski. I said no, for that exact reason. I ripped and tore everything in my legs playing west Texas football. If I sustain another injury, I'm taking myself out.
            Lol
            I put lemon instead
            Sucks with the knee and damn ankle is the cherry on top
            I have a damn ankle brace and a knee brace. I feel like the bionic man. Haha

Thanks guys for good wishes

Comment

Dude, you french fry'd when you should have pizza'd. And clearly, you had a bad time
              Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
              It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

I hate to read this shit and feel for you guys. I am going to Vail in about a month and am knocking on wood.
                Originally posted by racrguy
                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                Originally posted by racrguy
                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Completely tore my ACL in half playing Highschool football. Had to reconstruct the ligament and use screws to secure it in place till it attached itself to the bone.
                  Plus side, I was faster after surgery/rehab than before. Down side, recovery and rehab sucked!

Take the rehab seriously, and do everything fully, not half assed... It's going to hurt, but end result should be you're back to normal!
                  "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Damn, negro you must have been all drugged up when you told me last weekend, I thought you just sprained your knee, your all fucked up, dude...
                    Originally posted by Silverback
                    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I'll come drive your GT around for you
                      Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

That sucks man. My dad has had knee problems all his adult life from football. My parents wouldn't sign off on me playing in school for that reason. Drove coaches crazy because I was always a bigger kid, but now I thank them for it.

Good luck and fight through that rehab.

Comment

I had an MRI monday on my knee, and will get the results tomorrow. my injury happened probably 8 years ago when i crashed out on my bike at the lot, but its gotten progressively worse. best luck to you man

Comment

ACL repair is a big deal but it has advanced dramatically over the years.

My wife had ACL surgery on one knee as a teenager and she says it was a miserable expericne. She had ACL repair surgery on the other knee a few years back and it was almost too easy.

It does suck getting old. My knee has been sore and tight since Christmas. Not a cool story though, just me sitting indian style on the ground with my kids.

Comment

Six 6ears?!
                              Do what?

Comment

Working...
                              X