LLC Business Owners - Question For Ya

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LLC Business Owners - Question For Ya

Anyone here an LLC Business Owner for the state of Texas? If so, Please send me a PM.

Thanks,
    Dirty Sanchez

Why not just post the question?

On principle I will not send a PM, but you can PM me

Comment

I am. Ask away.

Comment

What's up?

Comment

Que paso.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny
            HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
              Why not just post the question?

On principle I will not send a PM, but you can PM me
              Yeah, this.

Comment

My company is an LLC shoot me a pm ..
                "PSH!!!"

Comment

PMs replied to.

But this is my reply to the PMs.

So, I converted my Business to LLC on 12/31/2014-

The last day of 2014- Well I cheeked the SOS site the other day and it says "Forfeited" next to the box that says "Right to Transact Business in the state of Texas"

So, I called them up and they said I did not file / pay the franchise Taxes for the year of 2014, which is why it was forfeited- Since I was in business for one day in the 2014 year. I've never been aware of this so called franchise taxes. I was told if I dont make over $1-million, I don't need to pay the franchise Tax,but I still need to file and input $0.00

This true?

I was told I need to create a new Webfile log in for the Comptrollers site under "franchise Tax" and file there, the same as when I file for Sales Taxes for the state.

Thanks and i greatly appreciate any info thrown at me, since this is my first rodeo under the LLC, was prior DBA.

Manuel,

Comment

don't worry about it, take cash only and don't file!

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                      don't worry about it, take cash only and don't file!
                      I wish it was that easy. Majority of our work is insurance work, so it's all a paper trail and reportable income.

Comment

Originally posted by sosoe View Post
                        PMs replied to.

But this is my reply to the PMs.
                        An LLC registered in TX even if it is operating as a sole proprietorship is required to file an annual franchise tax return. Depending on your gross receipts, you may owe some tax but if you are under $1mm you won't owe any money. If you lost your status you will have to file any missed franchise tax returns and get a tax clearance letter from the TX comptroller. Once you have that complete you can file for reinstatement with the SOS. There is a fee to be reinstated but if you keep up your annual franchise tax filings you will be good going forward.

Comment

What was the point/intention of converting it on the last day of the year?

Comment

anything under 1 million no franchise tax but you still have to report

Comment

Originally posted by jakesford View Post
                              An LLC registered in TX even if it is operating as a sole proprietorship is required to file an annual franchise tax return. Depending on your gross receipts, you may owe some tax but if you are under $1mm you won't owe any money. If you lost your status you will have to file any missed franchise tax returns and get a tax clearance letter from the TX comptroller. Once you have that complete you can file for reinstatement with the SOS. There is a fee to be reinstated but if you keep up your annual franchise tax filings you will be good going forward.
                              I talked to the state and they said I will owe some money, mostly due to late fees, collection fees, etc. She didn't say I will have to file for a missed franchise tax returns and get a tax clearance letter from TX (comptroller I'm assuming) -
                              Ill be going on line this week to pay the reinstatement, once done ill call the Comptroller back and ask them for a reinstatement letter to send to the SOS to reinstate.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X