expanded pvc sheets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• expanded pvc sheets

looking for a source for expanded pvc . would never have thought it would be so hard to find. looking for 4x8 sheets to use in auto upholstery .

Laird Plastics

Should be readily available in 2mm, 3mm, 6mm, and sometimes stocked in 12mm thicknesses. Stocked in 4x8 sheets but can be had in 50x100 or 60x120. White is most common but black is easy to get also.

Common name is Sintra which is the most common brand. Another brand is Komatex. There are a couple of other brands but this stuff is readily available around Dallas at the plastic supply houses.

Comment

TONS of cool stuff at this place. When I did some upholstery work on my Fairlane, I drove over and got what I wanted/needed. Nice people too.
      Larry Dennis Company for all of your trimming, marine upholstery and furniture upholstery needs

Comment

Ebay

Regal plastics

Eplastics.com

Comment

thanks. cant believe it is so hard to come by other than dallas. buy most stuff from larry dennis but they don't stock the foamboard.

Comment

Allied plastics has it also.

Comment

looking in abiline for a supplier. i can get to abiline faster with no traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
                TONS of cool stuff at this place. When I did some upholstery work on my Fairlane, I drove over and got what I wanted/needed. Nice people too.
                http://www.larrydennis.com/
                x2 My Dad has gone there for years... decades.

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
                  looking in abiline for a supplier. i can get to abiline faster with no traffic.
                  Celtec brand available in Abilene at EPlastics. Listed on their website as PVC Foam Board Sign.
                  ePlastics is a distributor of plastic sheets, rod, tubing and fabrication trusted for over 100 years. We carry a large stock of plexiglass, acrylic, polycarbonate, fiberglass, hdpe and other speciality plastics. Based in San Diego we ship worldwide.

The other alternative is to have it shipped to your door. The sheets can be cut in half or quarters to save on shipping costs. Any of the plastic suppliers would be able to do this but they may not be willing for a single sheet. It will depend on their workload and your urgency.

The sheets can also be cut to finished size if that is preferable, although it is easy to cut.

Comment

need full sheets and so far shipping is truck only $$$$$. will check in abiline. fastsigns in ft worth may sell it. if not i'll make the trip west. i'm by stevenville so abiline is just down the road . getting 5 sheets to do interior panels in the 54 ford truck i'm building.
                    thanks for the leads .

Comment

address in abilene ?

Comment

address in abilene ?
                        I posted the link to the website. Get to clicking on your mouse!

Edit:
                        <----Feeling a little sheepish now.
                        When I searched earlier the eplastics showed up as serving Abiline. Turns out there is not a physical location that I can find, they serve the area by from the main location.

Laird Plastics is by far the easiest to deal with (usually better priced also) closely followed by Regal Plastics. Call Allied if you want to get frustrated. I've never worked with Eplastics, just thought that they were local to you. Sorry that they aren't. I have worked with the product for years purchasing it many times in multiple truckload quantities from Laird, Regal, or Interstate.
                        Last edited by slow84lx; 01-02-2016, 01:07 PM.

Comment

need full sheets and so far shipping is truck only $$$$$. will check in abiline. fastsigns in ft worth may sell it. if not i'll make the trip west. i'm by stevenville so abiline is just down the road . getting 5 sheets to do interior panels in the 54 ford truck i'm building.
                          thanks for the leads .
                          Yep, truck shipping only and small quantities usually arrive damaged from transit. This is why I suggested cutting it and packaging for shipping that could deliver via FedEx / UPS. If you need large sheets then this isn't an option.

FastSigns are printing franchises. They may have a few sheets that they will sell as a favor to you but I've not known them as a supplier of plastic sheet stock.

Comment

pretty much what i have found. i just wanted to switch to the foam board. not a big fan of aluminum and hate waterboard . may just make up patterns and see what i can do. with full sheets there is less waste.

Comment

thanks for the leads .
                              see what it is in FtWorth. I'll be back wed.

Comment

Working...
                              X