Anyone use mint.com?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use mint.com?

Decided it would be better to try and plan finances better. I normally just take my leftover money each month and pay off debt. Im thinking budgeting is better and keeping track of all my bills in one place is better. Anyone using mint.com? Im mostly worried about security as it looks like they need all your bank login info. Quicken does the same.

Nope- all login info from all sites in one location. I track everything on my own anyway.
    Originally posted by davbrucas
    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

I do for utilities and have for about a year with no issues

Comment

I looked into it, never tried it though.

https://www.mint.com/t/012-b/ Recently ran across this on the AR15 forum and after reading some post and browsing the website this site seems like it will be very helpful for those who keep track of their spending's on paper like myself. I will give it a try and start on July 1st, hopefully it turns out good and I am

Comment

We've used it for a couple of years now and find it very helpful. Great to see our trending data on food/misc stuff.
          2004 Z06 Commemorative Ed.

Comment

I started using it, but didn't find any benefit to it over using a spreadsheet to track my own finances after about 6 months. If you decide to try it, if/when you do cancel, just make sure you remove all your information from your profile. That doesn't keep them from storing it in a database somewhere, but with today's fraud prevention, and how closely I keep an eye on my finances, there's not much that wouldn't get caught right away were there to be a breach in their security.

Comment

Well I signed up after doing research into the security. It seems secure as anything else out there and probably more secure than most bank sites.

So after going in and setting it all up, there are a couple of accounts that are not supported (not a huge deal), but its not exactly what Im looking for. It does budgeting (which is honestly new to me, I usually budget in my head) but doesnt have a great real time tacking of spending. Im going to try quickbooks and see how it does vs mint. I do like the reminders of bills being due and what not though.

Comment

I've used it for nearly 10 years now. It makes it easy for me to see how much money I can spend on the 300 and still be able to purchase enough ramen for my family.

Comment

Originally posted by abecx View Post
                  I've used it for nearly 10 years now. It makes it easy for me to see how much money I can spend on the 300 and still be able to purchase enough ramen for my family.
                  Made me laugh... Ramen is some good baller on a budget food.

Comment

Working...
                  X