Attorney for Probating a Will?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attorney for Probating a Will?

A family member passed away a couple of weeks ago, and we're needing an attorney to probate the will. Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

I used tena fox with leach and fox in hurst. Great experience. Went very smooth even without a will when my dad passed. For the amount of work they had to do the price was very reasonable and flat rate so no hourly bill surprises.
    2006 Civic SI
    2009 Pilot
    1988 GT
    CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

Consider other options if there is only a house to sale. If debt is owed by deceased once probated then there is an estate which debt collectors can come after. We decided it was best not to probate in our case and do an affidavit of heir ship which allowed us to handle sale of house

Comment

My Dad and aunts are having to going through this. Fortunately they're not having to probate anything though.

Comment

There is no house to sell. It's being left to my aunt in the will, and she will keep it. I don't have any idea what probating even means, never heard of it, but a close friend of the family who is an attorney (but not this type) said it has to be done.

Comment

My dad passed in July, he had both his properties and 2 of the bank accounts in a trust that dissolved at his passing and left things to a sister and I. I have an attorney doing the probate process now. I'll be glad when it's over and I can get done with his mess.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
              There is no house to sell. It's being left to my aunt in the will, and she will keep it. I don't have any idea what probating even means, never heard of it, but a close friend of the family who is an attorney (but not this type) said it has to be done.
              It may not have to be done. I had a close family friend whom was an attorney that knew me, my brother and my dad and basically stated what the will said but in an 'affidavit of heirship' document. This gives my brother and I the house and power to make decision on its sale and proceeds (if any). If we would have probated the will then the house would be an asset of 'the estate' of my dad, subject to any debt collectors placing lien against and potentially having to pay estate taxes on sale of home.

As it all stands now we won't make a dime on it and are attempting to sale for the price of the note so it won't go to foreclosure and be a plight on my dad's neighborhood.

The whole deal was a cluster as he took a reverse mortgage on it a few years back when he had dementia. He didn't need the money but was duped by someone whom got a cut. Once the lump sum of the reverse mortgage was received my stepmonster funded Nigeria and Nepal in scams. I had power of attorney shortly after and divorced her ass and sent her packing.

I thought the house would sale for more than what was owed and held out hope and put money, time, and blood into it. A recent fall from the roof there cleaning the gutters (broken back and split my skull) must have knocked some sense into me. If it don't sale in 15 days, then I walk away and bank will begin foreclosure in March.

93 trips to Tyler in 18 months and well over 20K personally invested -lesson fucking learned- should have walked away from it.

Comment

Working...
              X