HVAC Guys ***looking for a part***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HVAC Guys ***looking for a part***

Well, it's that time of year again and my heater just couldn't do it this year.

The hot surface ignigter glows but burners do not light which tells me no gas (flashing LED tells me the same).

I am looking to replace the Flame sensor as it is the cheapest to start with and I suspect it has gone bad. Found several parts online but they will not be here until tomorrow so looking to see if I can get the part locally as I do not have a HVAC license and of course, most HVAC suppliers do not work with us common folk.

Part# SEN01114
    TRANE XB80 60K BTU

I am located in South irving but obviously willing to travel for some heat; Thanks for any assistance guys.
    Originally posted by Sean88gt
    You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
    Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
    You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Have you tried ACR Supply on Rogers in Irving? I've bought fan motors and things of that nature from them before, and I don't have a license.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Humm, have not tried them; I was utilizing the almighty power of Google and calling around. I will give them a call, thanks coop for the direction.
      Originally posted by Sean88gt
      You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
      Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
      You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

It's bullshit they won't sell to us. Fucking racket I tell ya!

Comment

I have to clean the flame sensor in mine about every other or every third year. It will light, then immediately shuts off because it thinks the gas didn't light. I just rub it with some 0000 steel wool. (Yes, I left that door open).

As an example:

Comment

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
            Humm, have not tried them; I was utilizing the almighty power of Google and calling around. I will give them a call, thanks coop for the direction.
            My Uncle used to own it and the HVAC school on Beltline, but sold them before he passed away. The new people don't know me, but I've never had any trouble getting what I needed from them.

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
            It's bullshit they won't sell to us. Fucking racket I tell ya!
            I think you only need a license for the refrigerants at most places. You can try Grainger as well.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post

I think you only need a license for the refrigerants at most places. You can try Grainger as well.
              This should be the case. I assume if its not something that deals with refrigerant its fair game. Things that have to be sweated on may also be off limits.

Comment

I have used 1st source servall for various appliance needs. They have multiple locations in DFW.
                2006 Civic SI
                2009 Pilot
                1988 GT
                CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

Working...
                X