Stay out of Rowlett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stay out of Rowlett

Just got in from working scenes, and I tell you now, the last thing needed are gawkers and people clogging up streets. Not only that but there is debris, boards with nails, etc all over the streets. I'm afraid to hear what the reports of possible fatalities tomorrow will be from what I've seen.

Thank you for your work. I picked up some friends that lost everything with their house being leveled and they walked away with one scratch. Going back this morning with them to get what they can so they can move in with us for a while. I do also fear the death toll will go up quite a bit today. Rowlett police asked for assistance since looters were out right after the storm hit so if you do have to go out be aware

Comment

Damn. RIP

Comment

Originally posted by no4njnk View Post
        Thank you for your work. I picked up some friends that lost everything with their house being leveled and they walked away with one scratch. Going back this morning with them to get what they can so they can move in with us for a while. I do also fear the death toll will go up quite a bit today. Rowlett police asked for assistance since looters were out right after the storm hit so if you do have to go out be aware
        Unbelievable that people stoop that low. Glad you are able to help your friends out
        Originally posted by soap
        i can fix anything from a broken tractor to an aching pussy!!!

Comment

Where do they need assistance? I was out there last night helping people around bass pro area, right across from the apts that collapsed. I'll go today and help if they are letting people.

Comment

Dropping off supplies at one of the centers or churches in the area is one way, some people are gathering at the Tom Thumb off highway 66 and Dalrock to help. I did see something about anyone with medical experience is needed. But as others said for the time being stay out of the area while the city clears the debris.

On Facebook follow the Rowlett/Sachse scanner, pretty up to date info on there and if you follow the comments you will see all of the information release by emergency services and shelters. Food, water, clothing, and blankets can be used ASAP. Maybe even some toys and stuffed animals for the kids.

Below is a message from Rockwall CERT.

Comment

8 confirmed in Garland right now, RIP

Comment

Dropping off supplies at one of the centers or churches in the area is one way, some people are gathering at the Tom Thumb off highway 66 and Dalrock to help. I did see something about anyone with medical experience is needed. But as others said for the time being stay out of the area while the city clears the debris.

On Facebook follow the Rowlett/Sachse scanner, pretty up to date info on there and if you follow the comments you will see all of the information release by emergency services and shelters. Food, water, clothing, and blankets can be used ASAP. Maybe even some toys and stuffed animals for the kids.

Below is a message from Rockwall CERT.

I just stopped by amd sign on the door said no volunteers needed and to check the rockeall city website
                Justin

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                  Just got in from working scenes, and I tell you now, the last thing needed are gawkers and people clogging up streets. Not only that but there is debris, boards with nails, etc all over the streets. I'm afraid to hear what the reports of possible fatalities tomorrow will be from what I've seen.
                  What is it you do?

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
                    What is it you do?

Citizens patrol... What does it matter?! He is right. We all want to do our part to help but its chaotic enough as it is for the time being... My guess would be monetary support to churches or the red cross for help.

Comment

not gonna lie, i cruised up PGBT to see if i could see any damage. I didnt see anything but i saw a lot of backed up traffic around miller and main around 66.

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
                        not gonna lie, i cruised up PGBT to see if i could see any damage. I didnt see anything but i saw a lot of backed up traffic around miller and main around 66.
                        Social media not enough for you?

Comment

more like what to do on a shitty ass rainy day after going to have donuts with my son. I read enough about it on social media to know not to be driving through neighborhoods, and thats just not my MO. i live 10 minutes from the lake, just wanted to be socially concious of what is going on around me. ya dig?

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
                            What is it you do?
                            CERT volunteer

I guess you can call it a good day since so far, there have been no reported deaths in Rowlett and injuries stood at 23. From the devastation I saw, I am amazed that's all there was. It was like walking on a movie set. Surreal.

Strange things I saw...

A fridge on its back out in the street with all its contents strewn about, next too it were several fresh eggs laying on the asphalt not even cracked.

A mobile home lost all its walls and roof, yet most of the furniture was still in place. The china cabinet still standing and full of china and nothing broken.

I guess the toughest thing is seeing childrens toys among the absolutely flattened remains of a mobile home and wondering if they made it out, but I was glad to read that apparently they did survive.
                            Last edited by Frank; 12-27-2015, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
                              more like what to do on a shitty ass rainy day after going to have donuts with my son. I read enough about it on social media to know not to be driving through neighborhoods, and thats just not my MO. i live 10 minutes from the lake, just wanted to be socially concious of what is going on around me. ya dig?
                              No, I don't fucking dig, I listen and obey to what law enforcement asks citizens to do.

Comment

Working...
                              X