Anchoring a Trampoline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anchoring a Trampoline

I know some of you have had experience. What is the best way you guys have found over the years here in Texas.

The kids got a 14 ft trampoline and the netting. Which means I got a beat down of putting it together christmas eve. I finally finished it today. Drove up to Lowes and bought some anchors and straps to strap it down right before the storms rolled in.

I have 4 of these 16-in stakes. http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?productId=3697748#

Is this enough to deal with it? I have also thought about sand bags and maybe 2 more anchors.

What say ye DFWM?

I'm speculating that it's effectivness may depend on how hard the ground is your working with. The soil in my back yard is pretty soft, due to moles all over the damn place. So I wouldn't trust anything less than a concrete anchor holding down a trampoline in high wind.

Comment

you stalking my facebook?

Comment

Remove uprights with netting. Flip upside down. Put pallets on top. Done
        Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
        There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Lay on it.

Comment

This.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
              Lay on it.
              But only if he has a go pro filming it.

Comment

I know people that have used the dog tie out screw in stakes with good results.

Or buy a trampoline so fucking big that it takes a bulldozer to move it.

Our old trampoline after a loooooong flight

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                  I know some of you have had experience. What is the best way you guys have found over the years here in Texas.

The kids got a 14 ft trampoline and the netting. Which means I got a beat down of putting it together christmas eve. I finally finished it today. Drove up to Lowes and bought some anchors and straps to strap it down right before the storms rolled in.

I have 4 of these 16-in stakes. http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?productId=3697748#

Is this enough to deal with it? I have also thought about sand bags and maybe 2 more anchors.

What say ye DFWM?
                  bro I just put one up days before you did what a pain in da ass! yes use the anchors and sandbag but that's about all you can do especially in the dirt we have in this area oh and the lowes in mesquite has been designated a disaster relief store meaning you will see a lot of lumber trucks moving I and out of there.
                  RIP Roy Sebastion Fraga "lil' Roy" born december 7th 2010 gone back to heaven december 7th 2010. your always in our hearts and thoughts my special little grandson.

Comment

Tack the structure together with a welder and run rebar bent into U shapes at a 45 degree angle at each of the leg ends and be done.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
                      Tack the structure together with a welder and run rebar bent into U shapes at a 45 degree angle at each of the leg ends and be done.
                      My same thought. Same idea i had to hold down my MIL chain link fence to hold the bottom links

Comment

Working...
                      X