Drones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
    Gonna have to agree with this. Fuck that nonsense. If I want one I'll just not be a dumbass with it and not fly it high as all hell. Common sense>stupid laws.
    The FAA has gone after some storm chasers for commercial drone use based on the evidence they posted online, not getting caught in the act.

Comment

I got my son the Phantom 3 for Christmas. It's fairly easy to fly and it takes some great video.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
          I got my son the Phantom 3 for Christmas. It's fairly easy to fly and it takes some great video.
          Ended up with the Solo, it was a tough call between the Solo and the Phantom, ultimately went with the 3DR product do to their willingness to have third party applicants make products for their device. And the camera is not proprietary so you can upgrade as the camera upgrades without doing surgery on the drone. I also just like the way the solo looks in comparison.

Was really splitting hairs though.

Comment

Originally posted by TRAILBLAZER View Post
            This is awesome, my pup was throwing a weary eye at my solo, she's fast gonna have to be careful with that.

Comment

droneaire.com is his site. he got in on the begining so he is doing well .

Comment

Great video with the animals
                Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

These seem kind of cool..

Comment

Originally posted by Danny46 View Post
                    Ended up with the Solo, it was a tough call between the Solo and the Phantom, ultimately went with the 3DR product do to their willingness to have third party applicants make products for their device. And the camera is not proprietary so you can upgrade as the camera upgrades without doing surgery on the drone. I also just like the way the solo looks in comparison.

Was really splitting hairs though.
                    Cool. Like I said earlier, I've had an eye on the SOLO. I think they all have their own advantages over the others. Certainly you want the one that meets your requirements over the other.

The SOLO certainly is a sleeker looking machine and more adaptable.

Let us know how you like it.
                    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

The solo is nice. Good choice. Also the animal video makes me cringe. These things are not toys and can do some serious damage from the props. A bird can take one down pretty easy but it's not coming out without being hurt pretty bad unless it somehow miraculously catches it from underneath.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post

Where the fuck was this back when I wake boarded 2-3 times a week? Pretty fucking cool.

Comment

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
                            Cool. Like I said earlier, I've had an eye on the SOLO. I think they all have their own advantages over the others. Certainly you want the one that meets your requirements over the other.

The SOLO certainly is a sleeker looking machine and more adaptable.

Let us know how you like it.

Yeah the biggest thing was the probably the camera since I'm already heavily invested in the GoPro. If I could've got the flight characteristics from the Phantom, The GoPro Gimbal and adaptability from the Solo and the sleek looks of the Typhoon, that's the route I would've went lol. As a beginner I don't think I would've gone wrong with either one really.

So far I like it! I was actually a little surprised in how well it held up in windy conditions and how easy it was to fly. I have not flown it with the gimbal yet (just the stationary go pro mount) so I'll have to give feed back on that later.

I did almost crash it already. The solo has an automatic "Return to Home" feature that turns on autopilot and flies the drone back to the take off point if the battery gets down to %15 percent. I did not know this and set the "return to home" altitude to it's lowest setting as I was just flying it in a lightly wooded park and really low to the ground, so I didn't want it getting to high (it was pretty windy). Well I was flying the drone about 5 feet off the ground and just kind of following it around when all of a sudden it shot up real high and started sideward flight, I had zero control. It almost clipped a tree before I realized it was returning to the take off point. Reading into it after the fact, I could've overridden the return to home via the "Fly" button on the controller but at the time I was just trying to bring it back down. Kind of funny that one of the safeties designed for rookies like me not to lose or crash it, almost caused me to crash it.

Lessoned learned: 1) Keep the "return to home" altitude above the highest structure in the area because the drone straight lines back to the starting point regardless of what is in the way and 2) Learn how to override all of the autopilot features

@Sig239, that GIF is fuckin funny lol
                            Last edited by Danny46; 12-29-2015, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post

That is really awesome for that application!

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                                That is really awesome for that application!
                                Little pricey, but that waterproofness is freaking money (I'm a kayaker).

Comment

Working...
                                X