Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
    Have good video of the crash at least? LOL
    I bet he does but doubt I can get it. Recording was the only real hiccup we had.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Nice, I'll definitely be getting extra props and batteries. Kind of leaning towards the Solo for a starter drone just based on their modularity and the companies willingness to upgrade. The inspire would be badass though.

Comment

We flew their phantom this evening. Took the damn thing up to 600' and over 1400' away. Then since we have police directing traffic in my parents neighborhood (Interlochen), we decided to fly it 2 blocks away and hover 50' above a couple of Arlington's finest. Was pretty funny to watch on the tablet as they put their flashlights on it. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Danny46 View Post
          Nice, I'll definitely be getting extra props and batteries. Kind of leaning towards the Solo for a starter drone just based on their modularity and the companies willingness to upgrade. The inspire would be badass though.
          I like the looks of the Solo but at $1,000 you still have to have a camera. The Phantom is all bundled up. Besides gopro WiFi wouldn't begin to reach out like the Phantom can.

Comment

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
            We flew their phantom this evening. Took the damn thing up to 600' and over 1400' away. Then since we have police directing traffic in my parents neighborhood (Interlochen), we decided to fly it 2 blocks away and hover 50' above a couple of Arlington's finest. Was pretty funny to watch on the tablet as they put their flashlights on it. Lol
            Wonder why they want these things registered...lol

Comment

I think a drone might be cool to take hunting. What other purposes are you guys using them for other than playing around?

Comment

R/C flight has been a hobby of mine for quite a while. I only have one quad copter right now and I built it myself. It has been through about 3 variations until I got it exactly how I wanted it. Thing is I didn't know exactly what I wanted until I started to fly it, hence the changes. I put a spotlight on the front end next to the camera that I built myself that puts out a legit 2500 lumen. It has flight modes that makes is so easy to fly its not funny to pure manual control which is not easy.

Comment

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
                  I like the looks of the Solo but at $1,000 you still have to have a camera. The Phantom is all bundled up. Besides gopro WiFi wouldn't begin to reach out like the Phantom can.

That is actually a big draw for me to the solo. I already have a GoPro black and the GoPro setup will make it easier to upgrade cameras in the future. Plus the DJI looks "toy-ish" to me.

The DJI definitely has it in the range category and can only hope that 3DR will remedy that in the future.

Comment

@inline 6 that is badass! I want to build my next one and go hex-copter. I have no idea where to start though lol

Comment

Originally posted by Danny46 View Post
                      @inline 6 that is badass! I want to build my next one and go hex-copter. I have no idea where to start though lol
                      rcgroups.com is the only place you need to be looking for info. Everything you can imagine has a thread just for it. The flight controller that I use on that one is made by DJI and has a thread dedicated solely to it that has over 6700 post in it.

Comment

I bought a Latrax Alias awhile back and love flying it. It's more of a quad copter than a drone, built by Traxxas. I've had a blast flying it, takes a beating but keeps flying, simple to repair, different flying modes, tricks, fast and a bit crazy. Fly indoors/outdoors and at night. The dogs try to kill it which makes for shenanigans. Not sure what to try next, this seems fun enough. Best $200 I've spent in awhile.

Comment

what are you wanting to do with it danny . my bil does commercial work and he may have one for sale. he updates pretty often. he did the jt Garcia anniversary shots. also did the new 7th street bridge shots.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ-95GT View Post
                            I think a drone might be cool to take hunting. What other purposes are you guys using them for other than playing around?
                            I agree, that is one of the major things I wanted the drone for, to fly over some bed down areas and such. Need to look into it deeper though, I remember there being some law in the book about hunting via RC/Electrical devices. I'm guessing they don't want you using a drone to coral animals towards you so you may have to do the drone scouting while not carrying a bow/rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
                              what are you wanting to do with it danny . my bil does commercial work and he may have one for sale. he updates pretty often. he did the jt Garcia anniversary shots. also did the new 7th street bridge shots.
                              Mostly just personal hobby for the time being. Get shots of us in the kayaks, storm chasing, hunting etc. Eventually I'd like to use it for some commercial gigs but that is down the road. Will have to look up your brother in law's video! This first one is going to be a turn key type drone but I'm going to build the next one, probably an octocopter and go that route.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                                Fuck registration!!! From my cold dead hands!!
                                Gonna have to agree with this. Fuck that nonsense. If I want one I'll just not be a dumbass with it and not fly it high as all hell. Common sense>stupid laws.
                                WH

Comment

Working...
                                X