Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drones

So who here runs a drone?

Looking for some input and dialogue, I'm wanting to get a videography oriented drone. Currently looking at the 3DR Solo specifically because it runs a GoPro vice a proprietary camera (I already have a GoPro) but also considering the DJI Pro or the Typhoon. I wouldn't even mind building my own or going higher end (budget about 3k or so). Is flying on manual pretty tough?

Don't forget to register it.

Comment

fly it down here................... i need the practice .

Comment

Originally posted by 03mustangdude View Post

Yeah I won't, gonna do the whole FAA bit, not trying to get hit with a fine.

Comment

Subscribing. I bought my daughter a Sky Viper with camera drone and neither of us have any experience with it. I was told not to use it in high wind and to use a return option if available.

Comment

I believe I'm down to these two. The 3DR Solo is appealing because I can use it with my go pro saving me on some costs and it appears the company has designed it to be modded and upgraded in the future. The DJI Pro seems to have slightly better flight characteristics (little better in windy conditions and little longer flight time) but uses a proprietary camera and seems to have less room for future modification.

Drone World is Home of Worlds First DJI Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom, Mavic Platinum, Phantom 4 Pro/Adv & Spark Bundles Kits with the Farthest Flying Phantom Drones! Ou
            Last edited by Danny46; 12-25-2015, 12:59 PM.

Comment

We have a couple typhoons at work. They are very easy to fly,take great pics and video. The home button is crazy if you lose sight or control flip the switch to home and it brings it back to the GPS it took off from and lands it. Only down side is battery life 25 min on a calm day 15 min on a windy day

Comment

Originally posted by one slow 5.0 View Post
                We have a couple typhoons at work. They are very easy to fly,take great pics and video. The home button is crazy if you lose sight or control flip the switch to home and it brings it back to the GPS it took off from and lands it. Only down side is battery life 25 min on a calm day 15 min on a windy day
                What kind of work do you do?

Yeah that more or less seems to be the battery life for them all, I would definitely be buying a couple extra batteries. I think out of the three the typhoon looks the best, but the flight characteristics are lower than the Solo or DJI

Comment

Work for a pipeline company.

Comment

Originally posted by one slow 5.0 View Post
                    Work for a pipeline company.
                    Ah yeah that makes sense

Comment

My brother in law bought one yesterday.

10 minutes after first take off. Smash.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
                      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
                        My brother in law bought one yesterday.
                        LOL! Ouch!! Was it damaged? What happened?

Comment

Originally posted by 03mustangdude View Post
                          Fuck registration!!! From my cold dead hands!!
                          I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Have good video of the crash at least? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Danny46 View Post
                              LOL! Ouch!! Was it damaged? What happened?
                              It broke 2 blades and a few black scuffs from the fence. In fine shape otherwise. He was hovering and kicked it the wrong way.

It really is an impressive machine. The camera and gimble are phenomenal and signal strength for the footage is badass.

We played with it, after a quick blade change. They give you an extra set just in case. Set the home and ceiling limits and started to get used to it. We put the ceiling at 120' and you could hardly see it but the footage was awesome.

If you plan on needing or even wanting a drone for other than an occasional toy this is the one to get. For him it is a toy but they have that kind of coin.
                              Last edited by KBScobravert; 12-25-2015, 02:10 PM.
                              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Working...
                              X