Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting a drone for Christmas?

I was about to buy 3, till I saw this BS

Regulators will charge $5 fee to sign up remote-control drone users. http://t.usnews.com/Zg2yw1
    Last edited by A+; 12-16-2015, 12:33 PM.
    .....bro....

Ya shit is stupid! I'm trying to get through the 210 pages of new regulations they just put out. But it's scary to think these knuckle heads are going to have my info, my credit card, and be able to prosecute me up to 300k dollars and three years in prison while not knowing dick about what's really going on.

They even say you have to register control line airplanes.

Comment

I read this as you were getting a divorce for christmas, so I started putting gas in my miata.
      sigpic

Comment

get 'em! you know how much we stand to make as coyotes flying Mexicans across the border???? FTP!!!!!!

god bless.
        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Link is giving "Access Denied" for me - can get the summary quick?

Seems like highly regulating the drones - but unsure anything else.
          Originally posted by MR EDD
          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

we call them skeet .......................

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
              I read this as you were getting a divorce for christmas, so I started putting gas in my miata.

Did you read my Christmas wish list?! Keep that Miata fabulous!
              .....bro....

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post

Full article:

Toy Drones Must Be Registered With the Government

The Federal Aviation Administration on Monday announced new regulations that will require most drones to be registered with the government, a rule that comes in the midst of a holiday season in which drones are expected to be an in-demand gift.

The rules require the online registration of small unmanned aircraft weighing between .55 and 55 pounds, with owners of those devices older than age 13 having to provide information that includes their name, home address and email. Children will be allowed to fly the remote-control machines while being supervised by a registered drone user.

The FAA will charge a $5 fee for online registration, but the agency will refund that fee for those who register from Dec. 21 to Jan. 20. Even owners who obtained their devices before the registration period begins will be required to get the three-year certificate, which they must have on them, physically or electronically, when they operate their machine.

The rules state that registered drone operators must keep the flying machines in their line of sight while operating them, the machines may not fly higher than 400 feet or near crowded public areas, and they must fly at least 5 miles away from airports.

This is part of an effort to counter the risks of mid-air collisions between airplanes and autonomous devices. Users of remote-control airplanes have not been required to register their devices in the past, but Transportation Secretary Anthony Foxx said in a press release that a new generation of drone technology calls for new rules.

"Make no mistake: unmanned aircraft enthusiasts are aviators, and with that title comes a great deal of responsibility," he said.

Americans are projected to buy approximately 700,000 drones during 2015, including during a busy holiday shopping season, the Consumer Electronics Association predicts.

The online drone registry applies only to hobbyists and not business owners, who have been eager to use the flying machines to help cut costs on tasks including low-cost surveillance for farms or oil pipelines, or as a means to film news video or to deliver packages.

To keep up with industry demand the agency has granted exceptions to allow companies to fly the machines if they follow similar safety guidelines, including piloting them within the line of sight of a human operator and using them in a pre-approved area.

Comment

Yeah I can see what all the complaints are about. Easy part is just buy them and call a kid under 13 the owner.

Still another BS thing and it probably ups the cost of our government operating. Which is good to use up the budget surplus we have right now.

Thanks for posting it up. Not sure why it no worky...maybe VPN.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post

it's not just "drones" it's rc aircraft of all kinds. Even tethered craft, like control line, kites, balloons, rocketry...

Comment

if it goes in the air and weighs more than a half pound it's a "drone"

Comment

Regulations fix everything

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
                        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I can't view the link either... What's the fine for not registering?

Comment

For those that can't see the link, Chili posted the contents in post 8

Comment

I'm surprised it took them this long to regulate them imho. Having to register them is kinda crazy.

Comment

Working...
                              X