Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All LA California schools closing due to threat.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DISD got a similar email this morning/late last night.

Comment

I haven't been keeping up with this story, is there any known source for this email?

Comment

it came from cock.li which i guess is just a random email server with over 60,000 people registered so i doubt they will find who sent it.

Comment

Originally posted by 95DRGT View Post
          That is ludicrous, I can't believe they took that seriously. Looks like it was pieced together from several wiki pages.
          Unless of course you had a kid in that school system, then it would a little more serious. Do you want the school system to determine what is serious and what isn't? Also remember that English may or may not be language of choice for the people writing the letter.

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
            Unless of course you had a kid in that school system, then it would a little more serious. Do you want the school system to determine what is serious and what isn't? Also remember that English may or may not be language of choice for the people writing the letter.
            Ya, I'm on the fence myself. On one hand, nearly anyone could send an email and shutdown tiny to large school/school districts. On the other hand, we know some douches will follow through on these threats.

I don't have a clear answer, but I'm confident we can't just shut schools down for every threat. You're right though, when it's "your kid" everyone wants it differently. I make it a point to put myself in other people's shoes when trying to figure something out - to include the bad guys and this is just the type of behavior they want. They have us on their puppet strings now.

Home schooling is seeming more and more appropriate these days.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

It's a shitty spot to be in. If the "attackers" keep sending threats, which is what I would do if I were them, they have to be taken seriously every time in my opinion. Then of course nothing happens after the tenth time, everyone gets tired of shutting down for nothing, we all get desensitized. The rest of the story ends badly.

Comment

Working...
              X