Buying A Repo From Credit Union

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying A Repo From Credit Union

My local credit union has a nice 2014 Toyota Tundra SR5 4x4 Crew Max 5.7L with the TSS package. Has 13K miles. They are asking $37500 which seems a little high to me. I've never dealt with repos. Is it still possible to negotiate on the price or are they usually set at what they need for it?

You can negotiate

Comment

Any Tundra owners here? If so how do you like or dislike them?

Comment

Great truck, has plenty of power. I would recommend buying new. Used tundras sometimes cost more than new. I paid 37 otd for mine new although it wasn't the TSS. Mine is 4x4 crew cab as well.

Comment

37K out the door seems like a great deal. Can't find those types of deals here in South TX.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike69 View Post
            37K out the door seems like a great deal. Can't find those types of deals here in South TX.
            Toyota in general doesn't really "deal" like other manufacturers do. They don't have to.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

So how are some people getting those types of deals? Is that including down payments or trade in's?

Comment

I did the True Car search and all the DFW dealerships called me. Only one had a non special edition(texas edition, TSS, Ect.) in the color combo I wanted. It really wasn't any special deal, just seams cheaper because it wasn't a special edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike69 View Post
                  Any Tundra owners here? If so how do you like or dislike them?
                  I'll give you my very limited experience. I wouldn't buy one. Couldn't pull the pontoon boat up a hill with the AC on. Granted, this particular truck had a dealer installed lift, but hey. I can't imagine a small lift being the cause of all that fail.

Pulling the boat back from granbury, an all aluminum (including trailer) 22' pontoon boat. There were a few hills on the way, where the truck was at 4500 RPM, and was losing speed trying to climb up the hill. Pedal was floored. I don't care to speculate on how what or why, I just call it a fail. Same truck you're talking about. Borrowed it from a buddy, cause I didn't trust my 87 silverado on the first haul of the boat, being a bit far from home. Boy was I ever wrong. The old chevy pulls the boat way better than the toyota ever thought about it, even with the AC on.

After that, I'm not impressed at all with toyota trucks. Just my .02

Curious but... is the truck blue with black wheels? Oddly enough, my buddy is about to have the truck repossessed. ROFL!! What are the odds its the same one? He's 3 months behind on payments. He let some other guy just have the truck, if he agreed to make the payments. He's done this before. Guy didn't make a single payment, now he's bringing him back the truck. Free truck for 3 months! Woo hoo!
                  WH

Comment

Yeah it's blue with black wheels but it's located down south in Corpus Christi. That really does make me feel different about it having trouble pulling the boat. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Here's you a pic. Didn't edit out the plate so you can check. The guy has inlaws down around corpus, and he knows some people down there. There is a possibility he "loaned" it out to someone down there, who knows. I'll ask him where the guy was from. It did make it home but a couple of times I did get the sinking feeling of "What if it stalls completely? This mofo better not start rolling backwards!!!" lol. But yeah it was pretty gutless. And with that lift his average was 12.5 mpg. I think toyota has a long way to go if they're going to compete. Imho

WH

Comment

Here is the truck. Sucks because I really like the looks of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                          Here's you a pic. Didn't edit out the plate so you can check. The guy has inlaws down around corpus, and he knows some people down there. There is a possibility he "loaned" it out to someone down there, who knows. I'll ask him where the guy was from. It did make it home but a couple of times I did get the sinking feeling of "What if it stalls completely? This mofo better not start rolling backwards!!!" lol. But yeah it was pretty gutless. And with that lift his average was 12.5 mpg. I think toyota has a long way to go if they're going to compete. Imho

Is it a 5.7? Because this will be the first time I've heard of the 5.7 feeling or being "weak." I don't like Tundra's very much, but power has never been a complaint on a Tundra, especially as it relates to the 5.7. It's a pretty beasty V8 gas engine.

I have the same engine in my Lexus LX and it pulls my 6,000lb SUV around no problem and I hit 138mph (yes, no typo) late one night on that new underground toll road on 635. Rated top speed is 137mph and it was slight downhill. Engine is strong.
                          Ford
                          GM
                          Toyota
                          VAG

Comment

I had a 2010 4x4 Double Cab with the 5.7l engine, 35" tires, etc... power was never an issue. I traded an 08 Chevrolet half ton in on it, the Tundra was night and day better than the Chevy. I had close to 10k lbs behind it once, of course you could feel it back there, but I would say for a gas truck it handled it exceptionally well. The brakes are amazing too, by far the best I've felt in that class of truck. I needed a diesel truck and upgraded to a F250, I will say that when Toyota finally releases a diesel, I'll be in line for one.

Comment

I've never pulled with one, but the Tundra with the 5.7 is far from "gutless".

I would not base any decision on anything that dumbass says, just my opinion.
                              Originally posted by BradM
                              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                              Originally posted by Leah
                              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Working...
                              X