Man dies looking for balls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man dies looking for balls

HUTTO (December 12, 2015)*Authorities say a man drowned as he searched for golf balls while illegally scuba diving in a pond at a golf course in Hutton in Williamson County.

Williamson County Sheriff's Capt. Mike Gleason said divers began searching for the man Thursday after receiving a call from his father saying his son was missing.

The father told authorities that his son dived for golf balls so that he could sell them.

The man's name was not released because he hasn't been positively identified.

Gleason says a bag of balls was found with the body and it appears the man's oxygen tank ran out of air.

People make alot of money selling used golf balls.

Comment

Yup fuck mowing lawns.

Comment

How the fuck do you drown in a golf course water hazard? You get trained to make emergency ascents from 60 feet down. Unless an alligator had him, or he was tangled, I don't see how that happens.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
          How the fuck do you drown in a golf course water hazard? You get trained to make emergency ascents from 60 feet down. Unless an alligator had him, or he was tangled, I don't see how that happens.
          Having SCUBA gear does not mean any formal training.
          Very interested in the details as I've been on the Fort Worth FD SCUBA/Swiftwater team for about 17 years.

Comment

And, as usual, the press always describes the bottle as an oxygen bottle. They always do the same when describing our SCBA bottle, too.

Comment

Originally posted by 90MarkVII View Post
              Having SCUBA gear does not mean any formal training.
              Very interested in the details as I've been on the Fort Worth FD SCUBA/Swiftwater team for about 17 years.

True. I guess if he was over weighted, under trained, and didn't pay attention. I could see someone running out of air and forgetting to ditch their weights.

Comment

Working...
              X