Yielding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yielding

Have drivers forgot the concept? Fucking seriously. Everyday I have someone trying to get on the highway wanting me to yield to them.

EVERY FUCKING DAY

Apparently we are ranked 4th in the nation for bad drivers.

Its getting ridiculous.

Blame all these companies moving their headquarters from California to DFW. They bring their idiot drivers with them.

Comment

Well, there's right, and there's being a dickhead.

If someone is merging onto the highway, move over a lane or let your foot off the gas to make it easy.

“People on both the mainline and those entering the highway have a dual responsibility to ‘merge’ or get along – they share this responsibility. This is posted as a warning sign that shows two lines ‘merging’ into an arrow”

“However, on ramps posted with ‘yield’ signs, the responsibility is with the driver of the vehicle entering the highway to yield the right of way to the driver already on the highway.

“There may appear to be some inconsistency where the merge/yield is placed. A person my use a series of roads leading to the on-ramp, and there can be other roads that join the ramp. For the vast majority of cases of on-ramps, the last merge onto the mainline of the freeway will have the ‘merge’ warning sign, not the yield sign.”
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
        Well, there's right, and there's being a dickhead.

If someone is merging onto the highway, move over a lane or let your foot off the gas to make it easy.
        I am talking about normal traffic flow. I move over if its a free and open highway.

I don't mind that. I am talking about normal rush hour traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
          I am talking about normal traffic flow. I move over if its a free and open highway.

I don't mind that. I am talking about normal rush hour traffic.
          oh yeah, fuck that. Hold your ground, do not let anyone onto the highway under any circumstances. You are far too important to be inconvenienced for even half a second by someone trying to do the same thing you are. If we all held to that standard, there would be far less traffic, as nobody will be able to get onto the highway, including all of us.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Everyone needs to abide by the zipper when merging onto the highway during rush hour. Don't be a douche.

Comment

oh yeah, fuck that. Hold your ground, do not let anyone onto the highway under any circumstances. You are far too important to be inconvenienced for even half a second by someone trying to do the same thing you are. If we all held to that standard, there would be far less traffic, as nobody will be able to get onto the highway, including all of us.
              lmao!
              Originally posted by Silverback
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I drive like an old man. I drive the speed limit the whole time. I have encountered numerous people that could have easily slowed down to the open spot behind me or sped up to the open spot in front of me but chose to wait on me to yield to them. I keep a huge distance between me and the car in front of me most of the time.

Comment

I drive like an old man. I drive the speed limit the whole time. I have encountered numerous people that could have easily slowed down to the open spot behind me or sped up to the open spot in front of me but chose to wait on me to yield to them. I keep a huge distance between me and the car in front of me most of the time.
                  perhaps you should take an offensive driving class.

Comment

perhaps you should take an offensive driving class.
                    perhaps sir

perhaps

Comment

Look dude, I drive a '90 305 truck. It takes awhile to hit 70. Let me over.
                      2012 GT500

Comment

perhaps sir

perhaps
                        Come ride with me for a day. You'll learn all you need to know about offensive driving.

Comment

I have noticed much traffic in the area does not come to a complete stop at stop signs, habitually drive over the white line at intersections, and an almost allergic refusal to use turn signals. I feel like driving in Dallas is dangerous.

I got pulled over in the Summer and the cop said I didn't come to a complete stop at a stop sign. I pointed out that I did come to a complete stop and the car in front of me already committed at passing the stop sign for their turn ( they did that shit where you pull up about 5 ft pass the stop sign to look before going ). He let me go and told me to slow down, but I left feeling that the driving around here is so bad, that people arent used to seeing it when someone does something right.

Hell just the other day a lady was walking her dog at an intersection. When the light turned green she has the right of way to cross the street, not me taking a right turn. Not only did she look at me confused when I waved her to go, I end up getting honked at.

Comment

Don't get me started about 4-way stop signs...
                            "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                              Everyone needs to abide by the zipper when merging onto the highway during rush hour. Don't be a douche.
                              This, X1000! Try to break the zipper, and ya ain't gonna do it in front of me.
                              "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Working...
                              X