Performance shop recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance shop recommendations?

I know lone star has a good rep, but that's pretty far from my little corner of the world in Benbrook. Where in Tarrant county would you take a supercharged 05 Mustang to be dyno tuned? Any place in particular to avoid?

Gearheads?
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

speedtek?

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
        Gearheads?
        Ive heard good things about gearheads
        "PSH!!!"

Comment

I just talked to Travis at gearheads and he was super cool and definitely said all the right things. I talked to speedtek a few days ago and while they were really nice on the phone, they didn't seem to have a lot for this particular car/SC combo.

Comment

I wouldn't rule someone out just based on location. I realize it's an inconvenience, but so is a poor tune and the failures that stem from poor tunes.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
              I wouldn't rule someone out just based on location. I realize it's an inconvenience, but so is a poor tune and the failures that stem from poor tunes.
              Very good point. With a combo like that I'd take it to Manny at HPP. Although I've always heard pretty good things on Travis too...just never dealt with him personally.
              70' Chevelle RagTop
              (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
                Very good point. With a combo like that I'd take it to Manny at HPP. Although I've always heard pretty good things on Travis too...just never dealt with him personally.
                Hmm, I wouldnt.
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Hmm, I wouldnt.
                  Did me right the few times I did business with him. You have some bad experiences with him?
                  70' Chevelle RagTop
                  (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
                    Did me right the few times I did business with him. You have some bad experiences with him?
                    you could say that.

Comment

you could say that.
                      Capt. Vague reporting for duty!

Comment

you could say that.
                        You aren't the only one.

Comment

Andy Moye at prime tuning, over at speedtek

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

I've had some bad experiences with Travis but they were business related, not sure on the car side of things
                            Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Simplequick is still open and in Benbrook. 817-738-7223. He has a hand full of customers that keep him pretty busy but he does quality work.

I know he used to use the SCT software for Fords. He's still a dealer and has a dyno with a wideband.

Comment

Working...
                              X