Safety Data Sheet updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safety Data Sheet updates

Does anyone know of a company that will maintain an automatic update to revisions to Safety Data Sheets (formerly MSDS's)? My group has 13 out of state site locations and I've been tasked with coming up with "the plan" to keep them all up to date and in OSHA standards with the SDS booklets. I checked on Safety Emporium and some of the big sites but they are just saying it's up to the user to keep the books up to date.

Any help from someone with experience in this?
    Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Have you looked into electronic MSDS?
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
      Have you looked into electronic MSDS?
      As in having an E-copy on your computer?

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

So here is what I found, is this what I'm looking for?

An annotated list of software for the creation and management of (Material) Safety Data Sheets (SDS's)

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
          Just like an MSDS file, the manufacturer of the chemical is the one required to produce the SDS. I would task a person at each location to take each MSDS and call the manufacturer's number listed. Ask them to email over the updated SDS.

Also, in order to maintain compliance, ALL employees need an updated HAZCOM training with the changes in labeling, SDS and everything else associated with the GHS.
          I've been a Hazmat certified air shipper for four years now and have no clue in how to label, package, or fill out an AWB. The training / test are a joke.

Comment

They usually don't care, just that you have a cert showing that you were trained. Funny how that works. The Navy had me take that certification when I was shipping contaminated soil from Guam back to the States. I can't even remember one question on the test.
            They seriously shipped dirty dirt half way around the world? WTF is the logic in doing that?
            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Just like an MSDS file, the manufacturer of the chemical is the one required to produce the SDS. I would task a person at each location to take each MSDS and call the manufacturer's number listed. Ask them to email over the updated SDS.

Also, in order to maintain compliance, ALL employees need an updated HAZCOM training with the changes in labeling, SDS and everything else associated with the GHS.
              We all get hazmat training but focuses on shipping and storing LiIon batteries mainly.

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Make a bs plan on how you will deligate all of it. Thats what management wants to see. Assign some chode to take inventory of all chemicals at each site but you gotta give him some title like chemical safety officer that makes him think he will get noticed by management

Then, assign another chode as the assistant CSO, and give him the amazingly hard task of going onto google.com and looking up the new sds.

As long as theres a plan, the company can check the box. You will be warned before an external audit most likely.

Comment

Or are you the chode that got tricked into the bitch work?

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
                    We all get hazmat training but focuses on shipping and storing LiIon batteries mainly.
                    They aren't treated in the same way other hazmat materials are, at least not in the freight industry.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                      Or are you the chode that got tricked into the bitch work?
                      I'm the chode

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                        They aren't treated in the same way other hazmat materials are, at least not in the freight industry.
                        Correct, I'm just talking hazmat locker shit.

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

LOL!!! Beat me to it!
                          Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
                          I'm the chode
                          Lol...awesome. if youre still at PaPa RTN...they always had that problem. Way too top heavy with like 15% efficiency. You didnt get proper raises because it was so damn top heavy, and very few of the middle management could do real work.

I always said you could cut the defense budget by 25% and not notice a difference if you made defense contractors shake the dead weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                            Lol...awesome. if youre still at PaPa RTN...they always had that problem. Way too top heavy with like 15% efficiency. You didnt get proper raises because it was so damn top heavy, and very few of the middle management could do real work.

I always said you could cut the defense budget by 25% and not notice a difference if you made defense contractors shake the dead weight.
                            Yup still here but RTSC gig out bid by an outside company for my group a couple years ago so I'm a contractor now, but yes no upward movement.

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Working...
                            X