No announcement yet.

Mortgage Lender Question -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You usually just need a pre approval letter from your lender plus whatever earnest deposit to hold the lot.
    Scott Ganow
    Lone Star Performance
    16300 Midway Rd
    Addison, TX 75001
    214-630-5006

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
      tell me more.
      You don't get your actual mortgage on the home until it is complete, and they are who will want to see your source of funds for down payment and verification of your income. Builder's requirements are irrespective of your mortgage lender's requirements.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
        You don't get your actual mortgage on the home until it is complete, and they are who will want to see your source of funds for down payment and verification of your income. Builder's requirements are irrespective of your mortgage lender's requirements.
        My ultimate mortgage lender didn't know my name until closing. The broker handled it.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Had no problems in same situation as you when I bought my house last year. I had the money, just not in the bank...
          "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
            My ultimate mortgage lender didn't know my name until closing. The broker handled it.
            Yes, but they still have the same underwriting standards.. My point was that it would come up when getting the actual mortgage even if it hadn't with a construction loan or just contracting with the home builder.

Comment

Confirmed with the builders lender, they base it off "future savings"

Im good to go as long as we like the property..

I do like using the term " building " at the end of the day, yes, this is just a cookie cutter homer LOL .... I like the deal im getting though.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                When we built I had zero dollars in any account and only put down 1% earnest money. They started and all additions we wanted, no questions asked and just had an initial credit check to get that letter from the bank.

Lender became a different animal as always.
                thats because they will keep your 1% and sell the home for the same price to someone else that is looking to buy. There are plenty of people out there that want a new house but want move in ready or dont want to deal with building

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                  thats because they will keep your 1% and sell the home for the same price to someone else that is looking to buy. There are plenty of people out there that want a new house but want move in ready or dont want to deal with building
                  Earnest money was refundable (minus the fees I had for redrawing plans) but yes they'll just sell it to someone else.

Comment

Working...
                  X