Bittersweet day....Foster dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bittersweet day....Foster dog

I posted a thread about fostering our first Weimaraner and she was an amazing dog. The ONLY thing I didn't love was her separation anxiety. We started crating her with our Blue Weim aand she ended up doing well.

Well today, she got adopted by a retired couple who stays home all day and has acreage in the country. Not going to lie, I teared up when she left.

Since the Weim Rescue group is overrun with dogs who are in boarding we got another one already today. Pics to come but meet Mydas. 90 lbs 4 year old male. He's definitely chunky so we will slim him down. He was and outside dog all his life but is slowly learning not to mark. Big cuddle bug, laid back, getting along with our pups after some mild nipping figuring out the pack structure. The fatty can't jump but hes a good dog so far.

Comment

Comment

First time ever sleeping on a bed today....

Comment

That's good of u. I bet it is hard letting them go. We just adopted a German Shepherd the foster was her first time and she started to breakdown in our living room and had to go. I felt so bad taking him.
          Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

Having a bond with a cat or dog is different than a person. The dog or cat always has affection for you no matter how bad a mood you are in. People will avoid you when you are really having a bad day, but your animal friends will go out of their way to cheer you up. And animal friends get a lot more sad when you leave for a few minutes... it can be really heart breaking.

Comment

"Be the person your dog thinks you are"

They make life better for sure.

Comment

Kickass, Man.

Comment

Man that's awesome. And I can imagine it's hard to let them go after fostering. But thanks for the job you do.

Comment

That is great! It is also the reason I could not foster. No way I could give up one after having it around the house. Also the reason I could never go to the shelter. I would come home with as many as they would let me take.

Comment

Good for you man. Good looking dog.

Comment

You're fighting the good fight. I could never have fosterr dogs as they would never leave. I have two rescue* dogs and can't really handle anymore.

*some people seem to hate the word rescue. We got our dogs at a shelter I don't consider myself a martyr.

Comment

Originally posted by 1carcrazyguy View Post
                          That is great! It is also the reason I could not foster. No way I could give up one after having it around the house. Also the reason I could never go to the shelter. I would come home with as many as they would let me take.
                          When I walked back thru all the cages at Fort worth when we got my pittie, one of the most heart wrenching things to see all those pups.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate View Post
                            I posted a thread about fostering our first Weimaraner and she was an amazing dog. The ONLY thing I didn't love was her separation anxiety. We started crating her with our Blue Weim aand she ended up doing well.

Well today, she got adopted by a retired couple who stays home all day and has acreage in the country. Not going to lie, I teared up when she left.

Since the Weim Rescue group is overrun with dogs who are in boarding we got another one already today. Pics to come but meet Mydas. 90 lbs 4 year old male. He's definitely chunky so we will slim him down. He was and outside dog all his life but is slowly learning not to mark. Big cuddle bug, laid back, getting along with our pups after some mild nipping figuring out the pack structure. The fatty can't jump but hes a good dog so far.
                            What's the info for the rescue group? My parents are looking for a dog to pair with their mutt and I keep trying to get them to get a Weimaraner.
                            G'Day Mate

Comment

How old is the mutt? Parents stay at home often?

Comment

Working...
                              X