No announcement yet.

Where to order pre-painted body panels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to order pre-painted body panels?

A buddy of mine said he heard of where you can order hoods, fenders, etc from China and that they will paint the part based on your VIN paint code so when it arrives you just bolt it on. Has anyone heard of this before? He asked me if I could find out who does this.

It would be very unlikely that it would match. The only color that you can panel paint is black, and it's not 100%. I've painted 1000s of cars and it's VERY rare that I even consider not blending. The older the care is the worst the match.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
      A buddy of mine said he heard of where you can order hoods, fenders, etc from China and that they will paint the part based on your VIN paint code so when it arrives you just bolt it on. Has anyone heard of this before? He asked me if I could find out who does this.
      What could possibly go wrong?
      "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Sounds like a terrible idea

Comment

Never heard of that besides Volvo factory bumpers and some body side moldings from other manufacturers.

Comment

I see a lot of factory take off panels on ebay.
            When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
              Never heard of that besides Volvo factory bumpers and some body side moldings from other manufacturers.
              I have a customer that sells some pre-painted mirrors and such on ebay, they also do custom bumpers and what not, but he doesn't guarantee a match. He said he hasnt ever had an issue with customers complaining about color, but the ebay crap they bought and had shipped to him wouldnt fit.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Lol well if it works for him than stack that paper. I would be constantly stressed about match.

Comment

Lol well if it works for him than stack that paper. I would be constantly stressed about match.
                  yall have very different customer bases.
                  "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Get pre painted body parts for 1990-2024 cars and trucks, like replacement bumpers, fenders, and hoods. Fix your damaged car for less money and time.

This place is here in Houston, I have seen them post a lot of parts on Craigslist. No idea on the quality/match though.
                    2016 Chevrolet SS 6M

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                      yall have very different customer bases.
                      My current base is less than desirable lol.

Comment

Yeah, I wouldn't choose to the path myself, but he asked if I could look into it.

Comment

I used a local company out of Richardson that advertises on craigslist. Bought a hood for one of my trucks. It was white, still didn't match perfectly, but it's a cheap truck and I was only out $200 and it bolted right on so....it works for some fixes.

Comment

Saturn parts used to come color matched but then again they went out of business.

Comment

Working...
                            X