Home refi and ditching PMI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mustang1200 View Post
    This. He will answer your questions with facts.
    Originally posted by Chili View Post
    SVT Lurch will certainly be able to answer your refi questions, and is a pretty sexy dude.. You might want to give your mortgage company a call too, to see what options you may have with them.
    He is great, we went through him when we bought the house, and he will have my business as long as he is in the industry!

Originally posted by Big A View Post
    As mentioned, you will have to refinance on a new conventional loan to get rid of PMI, as FHA requires it through the whole term of the mortgage. Being that this is all brand-new paperwork, there will be a cost associated with it, either up front, or baked into your rate. No cost refi would be better called hidden cost refi, nothing's free in the real estate game.
    This is pretty much what I figured, our current rate is 4.125% and our PMI accounts for $100 of our payment each month
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamLX View Post
      Have a realtor friend do a market analysis on your home first. That will get you your best assessment of value without having to spend any cash.

The only way you're getting out of FHA PMI is a refi to a conventional loan. Now you have to compare your rate to today's rates along with the cost involved to refinance. Your magic number is 80% LTV because you are refinancing.
      Always solid advice from Adam.
      As mentioned, you will have to refinance on a new conventional loan to get rid of PMI, as FHA requires it through the whole term of the mortgage. Being that this is all brand-new paperwork, there will be a cost associated with it, either up front, or baked into your rate. No cost refi would be better called hidden cost refi, nothing's free in the real estate game.
      This is true too. You can roll it back into the loan for no out of pocket - just depends on the value.

Originally posted by CWO View Post
      SVT Lurch
      Originally posted by mustang1200 View Post
      This. He will answer your questions with facts.
      Originally posted by Chili View Post
      SVT Lurch will certainly be able to answer your refi questions, and is a pretty sexy dude.. You might want to give your mortgage company a call too, to see what options you may have with them.
      Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
      He is great, we went through him when we bought the house, and he will have my business as long as he is in the industry!

This is pretty much what I figured, our current rate is 4.125% and our PMI accounts for $100 of our payment each month
      Thanks guys, I appreciate the kind words! Chili isn't too bad himself, for a ginger...

Russell, I emailed you on your specific scenario.

Comment

SVT Lurch knows his stuff but post #2 gave the answer. Just saying...

Comment

anyone here have access to MLS to see what a property sold for?

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
            anyone here have access to MLS to see what a property sold for?
            Use Zillow. It ties to MLS and will tell you property history.

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
              Use Zillow. It ties to MLS and will tell you property history.
              No sale price was indicated. All it gives is the zillow estimate of what the prooerty is worth. Which is definitely not tied to the sale price. It has my home estimated at $122k and we purchased for $92k just about 2 years ago.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Comment

You can always get on your county's CAD site, sometimes those will list what properties sold for. If they don't, you can take the info and look for the deeds/liens online from the County Clerks office. Sometimes those will state the sale price along with monies owed.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                  You can always get on your county's CAD site, sometimes those will list what properties sold for. If they don't, you can take the info and look for the deeds/liens online from the County Clerks office. Sometimes those will state the sale price along with monies owed.
                  CAD was my second stop, our county doesn't. I am going to reach out to our realtor today.

Comment

Well, our realtor is working up a market analysis for me. She feels confident that it will show the value we need. Fingers crossed

Comment

I'm in the process of doing this as well with a conventional loan.
                      Unfortunately, my lender will only allow their own appraiser to do the job (expensive too...)
                      Originally posted by Buzzo
                      Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crapstang View Post
                        I'm in the process of doing this as well with a conventional loan.
                        Unfortunately, my lender will only allow their own appraiser to do the job (expensive too...)
                        That would seem to me a conflict of interest, and less than legal.

Comment

That would seem to me a conflict of interest, and less than legal.
                          The lender must order the appraisal, they do not pick who actually does it (regulated 3rd party).

Comment

Working...
                          X