Worst Boss you have ever had

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YALE View Post
    Lol. I don't work there anymore. This was a 3 for 1 diversity hire that got fired for something unrelated and sued the company on the way out. It was a total shit show.
    Shitshow... that's a pretty good description. I was happy to be out of there myself. It sucked for all the good people that worked there though.

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
      Same company Story :

If you want to get an idea on how lazy executives can be, become good friends with their assistants who have total access to their calendars.

We had a guy who reached his peter principle in life, but somehow still kept getting promoted. We had our North American GM go from GM to EVP Sales Operations to COO within a period of about 15 months. The same 15 months our stock kept slipping lower, and lower, and lower yet the guys running the show were getting promoted.

One of his lowest points was when we had the CEO's son and the COO's son with us for about a month as part of an "internship". This internship sure looked a lot like babysitting, with our IT project managers being forced to stop their work so they can take them out to Museums and to the park, yet when it came to Steering Committees, the same fucking asshole COO would invite the "interns" in so he could grandstand the entire Steering Committee, flexing his "muscles" to his kids on how his dad could say a few words and give a few zinger phrases and run the show. What a fucking douchebag. God i hope his son saw through that kind of petty behavior.
      Fun update: The COO got canned yesterday and the former EVP/GM got a nice fat demotion.

The company is on its third forebarance extension, and the writing is on the wall. Tried to find a buyer, but when they opened the books up for buyers, a , heh, " credible discrepancy" was identified, and the company had to hire Deloitte an an independent auditor. I bet the whole company goes under by March 1.

Comment

Sol Moore

Fleet Supervisor, City of Rowlett
        sigpic
        "Lookin' back in front of me in the mirror's a grin,
        through eyes of love I see I'm really lookin' at a friend
        We've all had our problems that's the way life is,
        my heart goes out to others who are there to make amends".

Comment

Richard Youngblood - Delta Communications, Garland TX.

I fixed radios there in 99. Always on time, did my job. Overslept once and was 5 minutes late, got an ass chewing. 1 week later, blinking red lights on Hillcrest for miles, 5 minutes late. Got a major ass chewing, what is my problem, why can't I be to work on time, etc.

I asked him to please not talk to me like I am in Junior High. I already knew at that instant that was my last day there. I told him that if he did not stop laying into me that HE was going to be sitting there programming the radios for the customers waiting in the lobby. He looked at me quite quizzically and I told him, "Standby, I'll get back with you" and turned towards my work area, but stopped off in the restroom and wrote a letter of resignation due to him being a complete cocksucking idiot.

I came out of the bathroom right as that dick came around the corner and plastered the note right up in front of his face. He read it and said "Hold on, let's talk about this". Nope we did our talking already. I went around and said goodbye to all my work buddies and stopped by payroll to make sure we were clear on my hours, here's your company property and don't try fucking me out of my last paycheck, etc..

Sure enough he WAS sitting there programming the radios for the waiting customers, and I was sure to point that out to the rest of the techs sitting there..

He then told me I was a big pussy, and I told him he was the big DICK that had been fucking with me ever since day one. Snickers all around, red face from him.

That was Tuesday. Friday of same week I scored a project manager job with WorldCom, and 2 months after that I saw Mr. Dick Youngblood driving a stupid looking cab over tow truck that said "TOE JAM".

Comment

Originally posted by 93LXHORSE View Post

That was Tuesday. Friday of same week I scored a project manager job with WorldCom.
            Ahh, the 90's, y'all remember that?

Shit was so good even the President was relaxed enough to get blow jobs from 20 y/o interns right there in the Whitehouse.

and as a Nation we were outraged as if this was a serious problem facing the country.

Weren't we a bunch of assholes???
            US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Originally posted by Hobie View Post
              Ahh, the 90's, y'all remember that?

Shit was so good even the President was relaxed enough to get blow jobs from 20 y/o interns right there in the Whitehouse.

and as a Nation we were outraged as if this was a serious problem facing the country.

Weren't we a bunch of assholes???
              Yep it was amazing how easy it was to get in front of someone and score the job back then. I remember in the 80's reading the Sunday newspapers - Times Herald, Morning News, and Star Telegram, circling all my prospective jobs, calling the number to make an appointment, putting on my suit and tie, and hand walking the resume to the office and asking for an application and can I say a quick hello to the hiring manager, etc...

Comment

Shit, I remember those days well for the stock market. Close your eyes, pick a stock then sell it a week later and fucking rake it in!
                Originally posted by racrguy
                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Well, while hiring may be harder, i find it really really odd one of the first questions a recruiter will ask you is "what's your rate?"

Old school hiring process would vet you first, discuss your qualifications, discuss the role and responsiblitiy, and then talk compensation. Now they just want it up front to see if they are wasting your time with a lowball offer or their time if you think your ass is golden and want $$$$$.

Comment

Well, while hiring may be harder, i find it really really odd one of the first questions a recruiter will ask you is "what's your rate?"

Old school hiring process would vet you first, discuss your qualifications, discuss the role and responsiblitiy, and then talk compensation. Now they just want it up front to see if they are wasting your time with a lowball offer or their time if you think your ass is golden and want $$$$$.
                    Most of the time they are wasting your time. lol
                    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Myself

Comment

most of the time, companies have now set a range for a particular role/job level, and to be honest it's a waste of time to go through that process for a person who has unreal expectations on expected salary for position. One reason for this is that one company may call someone a Senior XXX, and it be their highest level, while another company may consider the Senior a mid level position.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                          most of the time, companies have now set a range for a particular role/job level, and to be honest it's a waste of time to go through that process for a person who has unreal expectations on expected salary for position. One reason for this is that one company may call someone a Senior XXX, and it be their highest level, while another company may consider the Senior a mid level position.
                          Ive found that to be pretty accurate.

Today is my sales manager's last day, so they came to me this week asking if I would consider the position. There's some up and down to taking it, but the biggest downfall is the pay, it's a considerable cut from where I'm at; corporate wont let them even set up a bonus plan to get me to where I am now. That's likely part of the reason they are hiring the 6th one in 6 years.
                          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                            Today is my sales manager's last day, so they came to me this week asking if I would consider the position. There's some up and down to taking it, but the biggest downfall is the pay, it's a considerable cut from where I'm at; corporate wont let them even set up a bonus plan to get me to where I am now. That's likely part of the reason they are hiring the 6th one in 6 years.
                            Yet there are plenty of other qualified candidates who'd love the opportunity to change positions within the company who aren't even considered because they are pigeon holed into a technical role.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                              Yet there are plenty of other qualified candidates who'd love the opportunity to change positions within the company who aren't even considered because they are pigeon holed into a technical role.
                              hey, enjoy your last day. Might as well breeze out early.
                              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                                hey, enjoy your last day. Might as well breeze out early.
                                Thanks. I'm waiting for my 2015 performance evaluation before I bounce.

Comment

Working...
                                X