Just a heads up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a heads up

Make sure all you guys have your Turkeys thawed out!

Its time for some FRIED TURKEY!

I am also rolling with smoking a ham with cherry wood.

Werd! And dont burn your house down...

Comment

Comment

smoking brisket here

Comment

He has way too much oil in that thing. Fried one today but Was a fail. Was way overcooked. Not sure what went wrong. Oh well. Always next year.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
          Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

I like to deep fry fully frozen turkeys. It's just more exciting that way.

Oil- 350 --- 3 min per pound--- so simple even a coonass can do it.

Comment

The bigger the turkey, the longer the cook. The longer the cook, the more burnt the exterior pieces get.

Perfect size IMO is around a 10 lb turkey

Comment

So while driving down our street today, we saw a house with the garage door up, the rear end of the car a little blackened and smashed in some...and beside it a propane bottle and turkey cooker. Not 100% sure the car wasn't in an accident and they just cooked a turkey with the door open or what, but it seems someone had a problem. I'll try to get some pictures daytime tomorrow of the carnage. I wish I had done one this year. Love fried turkey!

Comment

I fried a 21lb bird this thanksgiving, and the real key is to not get carried away trying keep the oil at 350f. Most of my frying was at maybe 275f or a little less. At the end of the fry i cranked up the temp to brown the skin better.

My neighbor is actually the one who convinced me to not crank up the heat to bring the oil back to 350.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                    I fried a 21lb bird this thanksgiving, and the real key is to not get carried away trying keep the oil at 350f. Most of my frying was at maybe 275f or a little less. At the end of the fry i cranked up the temp to brown the skin better.

My neighbor is actually the one who convinced me to not crank up the heat to bring the oil back to 350.
                    I've contemplated cooking it at a lower temp but I was afraid it would take too long to cook. I have learned you really don't have to have the burner going the whole time. Maybe half the time. The oil temp can hold for a while.

Comment

Working...
                    X