Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else have difficult family members?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Treybiz View Post
    The sisters? If so, move along.
    naynay BIL

Comment

For the most part, we are good. No big issues with anyone. However; due to health issues with both sides of the family with the patriarchs, we have started hosting at our house so its not such a burden.

Comment

My In-Laws are my issue. The mean well but still try to run my wife's life ect and want to be all up in our busn...I had to move my fam since we lived in the same city because of that... My old lady didnt know where to draw the line.

Its a bit better now that we live up North but I still dislike being around to much them. But I guess that's just family.
        Originally posted by Da Prez
        Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
        Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
          My In-Laws are my issue. The mean well but still try to run my wife's life ect and want to be all up in our busn...I had to move my fam since we lived in the same city because of that... My old lady didnt know where to draw the line.

Its a bit better now that we live up North but I still dislike being around to much them. But I guess that's just family.
          When my wife called me 10yrs ago about a possible job opportunity 4-5hrs from DFW, I told her to go ahead and apply for it!

I wish I wasn't so far from my family, but...
          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

I spend way more time with friends over family, simply because I get to choose them.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
              I spend way more time with friends over family, simply because I get to choose them.
              Man this is so true. Some family members are judgmental and just show up to show off what they got (car, house, new kids). I'd much rather hang out with friends, eating, drinking, and watching football.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

We're pretty lucky, our family on both sides are pretty great. There are a few individuals that can be a little irritating at times, but that's going to happen with any group.

Comment

A holiday gathering is when we usually are cool w each other. Rest of the year mom is too sensitive too my sense of humor and think sis is a little bipolar. Thankfully there's only about 5 in the family. Good luck to everybody this season

Comment

One word: Xanax.
                    '13 Porsche 911S, PDK, every Sport option, Aqua Blue

'13 King Ranch F150 S'Crew.

Comment

Originally posted by slingshot View Post
                      One word: Xanax.
                      That's a given.. Whether I like the people or not!

Comment

I guess that I am pretty lucky. Other than my communist brother who gets offended easily but whom I can not help but to antagonize there are never any issues during the holidays with my family. This year my mother is back in the hospital and I suspect that she is on borrowed time so there may be some stress that comes up from that.
                        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I like to host as much as possible regardless of the occasion. The family loves to come. Good food, music , guns, cold beer and shit for kids to do.

The in-laws are cool now. They got divorced and my fil couldn't let it go. We dealt with it for years till we had a party at my place one year. Mil was here with her husband and my fil just kept talking shit passive aggressively. It was making everyone tense. I got fed up and grabbed his ass by the back of his arm and led him outside. I don't argue in front of my kids. I told him my wife is making him food to go and not to come back till he gets his shit straight.

He tried to justify his shit but I cut him short. Told him she's not your wife anymore. Its been years. She's moved on and so should he. You are pushing all your kids away and I'm the last one who tolerates you out of respect but now I'M done.

He dropped off the map for a year or two but finally apologized and all is good with him now.

My sister though. What a piece of work but she doesn't show to much. Apparently I've changed and left her behind or some shit. I'm still the same guy but my priorities are what changed and taking care of her isn't one of them any longer.

Other than that I try to keep shit at my place. My rules and what not.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
                          Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

I was surprised, my mom came without her husband, and was on her best behavior. We ate, a group went upstairs for about half an hour, and then shuffled out, and an hour after we got up from the table, everyone was gone.

My wife was upset because her grandmother (who is in her 80's) wouldnt come over. She's got a multitude of health problems, and this is quite likely her last thanksgiving. It it my wife pretty hard. I cleaned up while she took the kids and a plate to go visit her.
                            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                            X