Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else have difficult family members?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost all our family gatherings our at our house because my wife loves to cook and entertain. She is also the oldest of 3 so she gets the duty as two younger brothers can't do much. For the most part I get along with everyone and we have only had a few instances where there was some tension.
    Due to all the recent struggles with my dad's health, his death, and handling of his estate my brother whom I have been very close to all my life are estranged. I refuse to give in to his dumbassery and lack of respect during the process. I can understand his differences with my dad but not giving me one ounce of support financially or emotionally through the process is intolerable to me at this point. He was not invited to Thanksgiving or Christmas last year and the same applies this year. If he shows up I'll be cordial as long as he is respectful to my family and friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
      Almost every member of my family and my wife's family annoy the piss out of me. I get in and out of the Holidays with a quickness.
      This right fucking here.

Comment

I've got a great family. During the holidays, everyone is genuinely happy to see each other and conversation flows. My uncle has a stepdaughter that is a train wreck but fortunately she doesn't make it to many family gtgs.
        When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
          i'd turn up the volume and so would they, mostly the Hens.
          DUDE! Glad to hear I'm not the only one with no patience for that shit. Sometimes I feel kinda bad about it, like I'm the asshole.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
            It's because we already know the Cowboys are going to suck
            Bitch!

Originally posted by jluv View Post
            DUDE! Glad to hear I'm not the only one with no patience for that shit. Sometimes I feel kinda bad about it, like I'm the asshole.
            I know right, they would make it seem like I was the asshole, til I told them that the real assholes are the NFL and Cowboys brass (then and now) for making the Boy's play on Thanksgiving. I told them that they need to take it up with the NFL, lol...
            Originally posted by Silverback
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Since my brother died, I don't have to deal with the asshole sister in law and nephew.. It's just my other brother and me now. We're gold, and his kids are squared away.
              I think the nephew may be in jail for the holidays. He had 2 felonies pending last I checked, eff him. I hope bubba turns him out

Comment

I do and its all you fucker. I dont know you guys but been here long enough to close this place home. You guys some difficult fuckers.

Comment

Dam rie niegha

Comment

Time to play smear the queer!

Comment

It sounds like my sister is exactly like Sean's, only she moved BACK from Boston lol. As long as she stays her ass at home, or shows up and shuts up, all my family gets along well!

There's just no reaching some folks. Even the 'rents are like "where'd your sister come from?"

Comment

My family is awesome. Always has been.

My in-laws are special, but they're good people. After reading this thread, I'll definitely try to be less judgemental of their specialness, and enjoy the fact that it's only a few tunes a year.
                        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

My in laws kick ass, my wife's sisters are willllld and love to party. My folks are super quiet and concervative.... Just depends on which house we are occupying.

The party animals are way less judgy so I prefer that these days.

Comment

they got names?

Comment

The sisters? If so, move along.

Comment

My wife's family is awesome. My family I can do without.

Comment

Working...
                                X