Best Texas Scotch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Texas Scotch?

I have a customer in town visiting that loves scotch and it is his first time to Texas. What is a good Texas scotch to get him? Looking for suggestions, thanks.

Texas Scotch? Never heard of it.

Comment

Texas whiskey maybe. Herman Marshall works, so does TX.
      Originally posted by PGreenCobra
      I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
      Originally posted by Trip McNeely
      Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
      dont downshift!!
      Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Macallan 18

I don't know of any TX scotches.

Comment

None that I know of in Texas. And there's only a handful of actual distilleries in Texas that make whiskey and Tequila.
          Last edited by Rick Modena; 11-21-2015, 02:41 PM.
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

No such thing.

Scotch is from Scotland and as far as I knew no texas distillers make a scotch style whisky.

I wouldn't try to replicate a scotch with a texas. Just get him a unique Texan and call it a day. Balcones, TX, etc

Comment

That's what I thought, but figured I'd ask

Comment

Knob Creek FTMW...
                Originally posted by Silverback
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                  I wouldn't try to replicate a scotch with a texas. Just get him a 6er of Keystone and call it good
                  Made worse.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Denny

It's not Crown, but it's not bad either.
                      I just bought this. I've only had a sip so far. Jury is still out...

Comment

Originally posted by Denny

It's not Crown, but it's not bad either.
                        Product of Canada
                        I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                          Product of Canada
                          Explains why it apologized to me for being shitty.

It's decent to good as a mixer with Coke. On the rocks it's pretty much crown.

I will say that there is something very odd about it.

Crown with a mesquite twang???? Maybe??? I'm a beer drinker so take my synopsis with a gain of salt.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
                            Explains why it apologized to me for being shitty.

It's decent to good as a mixer with Coke. On the rocks it's pretty much crown.

I will say that there is something very odd about it.

Crown with a mesquite twang???? Maybe??? I'm a beer drinker so take my synopsis with a gain of salt.
                            Never tried it. Almost picked up a bottle months ago and noticed it was made in Canada. Shady fuckers trying to trick me into thinking it was made in Texas. I won't buy it for that reason alone.
                            I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

S
                              Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                              Never tried it. Almost picked up a bottle months ago and noticed it was made in Canada. Shady fuckers trying to trick me into thinking it was made in Texas. I won't buy it for that reason alone.
                              Understandable.

Like stated a while ago, I can not figure out what this little twang is. It really reminds me of mesquite flavor....as in smoked BBQ mesquite.

Anyhooooos. I'll be toast shortly.

I'll also add that it came in a really cool wood box. Lmao.

Comment

Working...
                              X