Anyone here a member of the United for Black Liberation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here a member of the United for Black Liberation

Campus safety officers are denouncing a demand by student activists at Occidental College in Los Angeles that they stop wearing bulletproof vests.

The police do not carry weapons on campus and vests are their only protection. Officer Jasmine Vasquez said: “We don’t have any other protection to defend ourselves. If we don’t have our vests, all we have is our voice and our hands.”

The students taking part in the protests are part of a coalition called “Oxy United for Black Liberation.” They are reportedly occupying the school’s administrative building “indefinitely,” or until their list of 14 demands are met.

Those demands include immediate removal of LAPD’s presence and immediate demilitarization of campus safety. Campus security officers say they find the students’ demands “frustrating.”

Bretibart News reports that the administration building at Occidental seems “somewhat chaotic” with students living on the first floor and college staff working above.

One black female student told Breitbart: “We are extremely tired of being marginalized on this campus.” The student claims that she and fellow black students are stopped daily by campus security, based solely on their color, and questioned whether they are students there.

Another freshman student told the news agency that the activist’s grievances are “being blown out of proportion.”

Another one of their demands is that the college hire “physicians of color” to treat “physical and emotional trauma associated with issues of identity.”

Sara Semal is the Sr. Director of Student Wellness at the college.

When asked if students of color have different physical ailments from other students that perhaps only a black physician could address, Semal said in part:

“I think that medically, no. And yes, because we can’t compartmentalize our medical, physical health without taking into consideration the emotional and social issues that affect our health…. And sometimes, yes, a person of color might be more sensitive or understanding to those issues..”

Meantime, the Huffington Post reported yesterday that the Occidental College protesters have won the faculty’s support for the president’s resignation.

I sure hope you are right.

Comment

It is an entire generation of crybabies and pussies. What do you expect?
      Originally posted by racrguy
      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

I wish all the intelligent people would resign posts from the campuses and let the movments have the schools. Basically, a "We can't meet your demands do here's the keys. Have fun keeping the lights on." That would put an end to this crap in a hurry.

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
          I wish all the intelligent people would resign posts from the campuses and let the movments have the schools. Basically, a "We can't meet your demands do here's the keys. Have fun keeping the lights on." That would put an end to this crap in a hurry.
          It would be the equivalent of Detroit or Chicago. lol

Actually what I was going to point out is that these people have no leverage. What happens if their "demands" aren't met? If I ran the place I would do nothing.
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Well, I guess they need to lock the doors and set the building on fire then.
            "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

You've all been expelled, go back to occupying your parents' couch. Have a nice day!

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
                Yes, but pandering to the pathetic is what most of them preach to these kids. Most colleges are no longer institutions for higher learning, they are Liberal factories.

Princeton University is considering taking down the Woodrow Wilson statue and all association with him because students are whining that he was a racist. It was all there when they signed up to go. It's not like it just popped up one night.
                Are you saying Princeton didn't just pop a woody?

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                  This, in spades.

When a campus shooting occurs, tell the cops to stay out, lest they "upset" the students. As for the inevitable lawsuits to come out, cite that list as reason to dismiss....

Comment

Originally posted by fitzwell View Post
                    This, in spades.

When a campus shooting occurs, tell the cops to stay out, lest they "upset" the students. As for the inevitable lawsuits to come out, cite that list as reason to dismiss....
                    I'm curious how many of those students attend based on grants and government-funded scholarships... what happens when all the cash-paying, specialty program-attending or scholarship-funded kids transfer out because of those imbeciles???
                    Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                    dont downshift!!
                    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

In these cases, are the loudmouths making the demands the majority? or are they just a obnoxiously vocal minority?

If they are the latter they need a swift education in the basics of democracy(majority rule) and then a thorough explanation that they are the minority and should seek educational enlightenment from another source.

Comment

they should just shut the schools down until they gtfo. I wouldn't pay one dime to a school that lets that bs have their way. I never thought this country would give in to liberals. I hate to say it but Obama and friends are doing a damn good job

Comment

Working...
                        X