Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happens if I don't pay an automated red light enforcement ticket to the city of

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happens if I don't pay an automated red light enforcement ticket to the city of

I received notice a couple of months ago that there was a red light infraction at the corner of 35w and 1187 involving my vehicle. I basically ignored the notice, and now I am getting a letter from Lineberger Goggin Blair & Sampson law firm.
    They of course are urging me to pay the fine, and after looking them up on the Internet I see that they are a catch all debt collector for a lot of different municipalities even outside the state of Texas.
    Do I need to pay this or worry about any consequences down the road.... such as not being able to renew my registration?

I didn't even know there was a camera there.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

The three that I've gotten and never paid say to leave it alone. It's a civil matter, not criminal and there isn't anything they or the law can do to you at this point.
    G'Day Mate

Comment

been there, they went as far as to report it on my credit, i called Experian and told them it wasn't legal and they removed it from my credit.
      Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Some cities will block you from registering your car. I've ignored 2 in Richardson and at least 5 in plano and haven't been blocked from my registration renewal. Three of those tickets I got in the mail were from not coming to a complete stop on a right on red. Its a bunch of bullshit and if they ever block my registration I'll just sell my car.

Comment

Originally posted by ftp View Post
          Some cities will block you from registering your car. I've ignored 2 in Richardson and at least 5 in plano and haven't been blocked from my registration renewal. Three of those tickets I got in the mail were from not coming to a complete stop on a right on red. Its a bunch of bullshit and if they ever block my registration I'll just sell my car.
          This might make sense if cities were responsible for vehicle registration, but they aren't. If the red light ticket is within Tarrant County, they give a big middle finger to these citations. Just go to the tax office in person and they'll renew your registration.

Comment

^^^ I wouldn't be too sure about that. I had one for Tarrant County a couple of years ago and they blocked my registration at the counter.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
              ^^^ I wouldn't be too sure about that. I had one for Tarrant County a couple of years ago and they blocked my registration at the counter.
              Their stance has changed in the last year or two. I haven't had to deal with it myself, but that's my understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                Their stance has changed in the last year or two. I haven't had to deal with it myself, but that's my understanding.
                Last I heard was that they were refusing to enforce this (Tarrant County Tax Office) as they are not there to collect fines for cities.. I guess I'll find out next year since I got one a couple months ago and don't intend to pay it.

I've also heard that if you renew by mail there won't be an issue either.

Comment

Originally posted by 93LXHORSE View Post
                  I received notice a couple of months ago that there was a red light infraction at the corner of 35w and 1187 involving my vehicle. I basically ignored the notice, and now I am getting a letter from Lineberger Goggin Blair & Sampson law firm.
                  They of course are urging me to pay the fine, and after looking them up on the Internet I see that they are a catch all debt collector for a lot of different municipalities even outside the state of Texas.
                  Do I need to pay this or worry about any consequences down the road.... such as not being able to renew my registration?

I didn't even know there was a camera there.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
                  I live off 1187 and know the intersection. At night it looks like machine gun fire with that flash going off almost continuously. I have 3 from little elm and one from south fort worth sitting on my counter. I got the law firm notices too but only once, all over 1 year ago.

Do they block that vehicle or block my name? I'm literally in the tax office about to register my bike lol.
                  DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                    I live off 1187 and know the intersection. At night it looks like machine gun fire with that flash going off almost continuously. I have 3 from little elm and one from south fort worth sitting on my counter. I got the law firm notices too but only once, all over 1 year ago.

Do they block that vehicle or block my name? I'm literally in the tax office about to register my bike lol.
                    That vehicle, from my understanding, since technically they don't know who was driving. I know on the ones we have gotten, they have something on the form that you are supposed to use to rat out the driver, if you were not. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                      Whatever plate is on the car will get an asterisk on the registration form saying it's a scofflaw.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                        Last I heard was that they were refusing to enforce this (Tarrant County Tax Office) as they are not there to collect fines for cities.. I guess I'll find out next year since I got one a couple months ago and don't intend to pay it.

I've also heard that if you renew by mail there won't be an issue either.
                        Yep, mine said "Scoff Law" across the top and I couldn't renew online, but I mailed it in and it went through just fine. Tarrant County.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                          Yep, mine said "Scoff Law" across the top and I couldn't renew online, but I mailed it in and it went through just fine. Tarrant County.
                          LOL no shit?
                          DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Working...
                          X