I love the OPM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love the OPM

I just got a neat letter today from the US Office of Personnel Management saying "Oh, we're sorry, someone hacked our shit and stole every bit of your identifying information from your SSN to your DL to your birth date. As director, my stuff was stolen too so I totes know what you're going through.

We are sorry and here's 3 years of ID protection that you won't know if it's working or not but hey, we're still not fixing shit and we're not going to close up any security issues because Latisha can't enter long passwords with her fucking 4" fingernails.

Sincerely,

Director of OPM"
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Nice
    Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

Her name is Starkeisha you racist mofo.

Comment

I may be a bit pissy with this attack on Paris.
        I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

I kept my letter from SS saying essentially "We're going broke, you're on your own... if you know what's good for you.."

I show it to libs but they just say it'll be solved by giving it more money. We just have to give it more money.
          WH

Comment

We froze our credit accounts a couple years ago. When I was getting hired and needed a background check for a clearance, I asked if my frozen credit was going to be a problem. My boss said no. I received a call from OPM, when they ran my credit history it came back as "ERROR". A big FU to OPM. It cost me $30 for a temporary thaw for them to take a peek.

Oh the bright side, we were at Kohl's and were offered 10% if we applied for a credit card. I said, no thanks and we would be probably be declined. She said we get the discount anyway. I said, what the heck. My wife filled out the application and we were declined. A couple days later we received a letter from Kohls stating that we can have a credit card if we unfreeze our account for them to check our credit history. Nope, we don't want the card. We just wanted the discount.
            class joke
            {
            private:
            char Forrest, Jenny, Momma, LtDan;
            double Peas, Carrots;
            string MommaAlwaysSaid(const bool AddAnyTime = True)
            };

Comment

The credit protection is at least decent, they notify you of any changes. It is stupid that the government makes us have 12-15 character passwords, 2 upper case, 2 lower case, 2 numbers and 2 special characters and then change it every 150 days, but they can't secure their own database any better than they have.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                I just got a neat letter today from the US Office of Personnel Management saying "Oh, we're sorry, someone hacked our shit and stole every bit of your identifying information from your SSN to your DL to your birth date. As director, my stuff was stolen too so I totes know what you're going through.

We are sorry and here's 3 years of ID protection that you won't know if it's working or not but hey, we're still not fixing shit and we're not going to close up any security issues because Latisha can't enter long passwords with her fucking 4" fingernails.

Sincerely,

Director of OPM"
                I got the same letter. Oh well, anyone steals my identity, they aren't getting shit with it.
                "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Working...
                X