Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what is the "next big thing" for social media to promote a business?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what is the "next big thing" for social media to promote a business?

I have read in more than one article how Facebook has become less and less relevant, particularly with younger people. Having a page does not guarantee that even the people who like your page sees your updates due to FB's stupid algorithms. Its just not reliable any more to gain traffic.

I am new to this side of social media using it to promote something. I admin a couple of non-profit FB pages. (Cubscout pack and a local Kiwanis page) Very low numbers. Hardly any visits, or just the same 4 -6 people liking even on a good day. I post articles weekly of what we did or doing. Sometimes I post a quote or inspiring story to keep things fresh.

I may soon get the keys to be able to update the very outdated Kiwanis site, but I am still wondering, what is the next big thing?

I hate Twitter and Instagram, but I could possibly adapt, its just that what kind of content makes sense for those outlets. Is there something else I am missing?

Shout out to BLAKE for the feedback thus far, some of which I hope to implement soon. Just seeing if anyone else has some feedback too. As Joe public, what would attract you to a site without resorting to clickbait?

Periscope is definitely growing pretty fast but it's a twitter add on.

Having a productive profile on reddit will generate more traffic than you'd ever want though.

Comment

Obviously they should be advertising here.
      I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Ask shenaynay, he claims he can make or break a person online in less than 10 minutes.
        G'Day Mate

Comment

The only way to reach the youth is through emojis and memes.

Comment

Originally posted by TeeShock View Post
            The only way to reach the youth is through emojis and memes.
            And free stuff from the government.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
              Ask shenaynay, he claims he can make or break a person online in less than 10 minutes.
              true, and i've already posted that you need to create a profile on every social media platform, and run it through hoot suite. I dont have time to deal with IG or twitter either, but i can still set up blast tweets/posts/updates at once across every platform.

Also, I would never try to break anyone online. If i choose not to do business with someone I keep it to myself. No need to get others to jump on a bandwagon with me over something that didn't affect them.

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
                Also, I would never try to break anyone online. If i choose not to do business with someone I keep it to myself. No need to get others to jump on a bandwagon with me over something that didn't affect them.
                Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
                ... If you were smart you'd know "I" could ruin you through Yelp/Google in about an afternoon or two, ...
                G'Day Mate

Comment

yeah, i might ruin a mans business when he is openly threatening to "punch me in the mouth", however i'd probably let him do it first, and get him on the 5 oclock news, theeeennn go about sharing the news story.

Comment

lets not ruin frank's thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                      Shout out to BLAKE for the feedback thus far, some of which I hope to implement soon. Just seeing if anyone else has some feedback too.
                      Happy to help any time, Frank!

Comment

Working...
                      X