What do y'all think about the 50th Anniversay pricing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do y'all think about the 50th Anniversay pricing

While inquiring about getting on their GT350 waiting list, a local dealership offered up a barely used 50th anniversary GT for the "sale" price of $60k. Am I wrong for thinking that is a tad much for a badged white GT? From what I gather this is typical across the country, and not regional, with the markup being even more elsewhere.

Am I missing out on an "investment opportunity?" lulz As of right now it's just as hard for me to find one in deep impact blue with a manual tranny and the performance package.

FWIW there are already 12 people on that GT350 waiting list at this particular dealership, so my hopes aren't all that high that the stars will align for me to own one.

Comment

It's a joke, when I looked at them they were in the 50's, that's a lot of money for some badges and extra interior crap. I would rather buy aftermarket stuff and make it exactly what I want.

Comment

That's exactly what I told the guy, for the money I'd rather personalize a GT Premium. I have a feeling that it will be worse with the GT350's, so even if my number does come up, I'm not going to want to part with an extra 20 grand just because.

Comment

Just get a 2014 GT500.
          07 GT500
          05 SRT10
          88 turbocoupe T-bird
          93 Cobra
          86 coupe
          Ducati 848

Comment

Fun fact: the hendrick ss camaros sold for over 50K in 1997. They are worth nothing now.

Comment

Well, duh, it's a camaro!

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                Fun fact: the hendrick ss camaros sold for over 50K in 1997. They are worth nothing now.
                Pfffft. That is nothing the C4 ZR1s sold for over $100K and you can find those being used as chicken coops now. I'd love to find one of those cars and do a case study based on the chain of title. Everyone from the idiot in the 90s who bought it new for six figures to the guy who owns the trailer it is parked behind today.
                Originally posted by racrguy
                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                Originally posted by racrguy
                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

I wouldnt do it, Aaron. I'm going to look into a GT350 Q3 next year myself, and with them producing several thousand of them a year, all the wait times should be over.

They did the same thing to GT500s, yet they made around 10-11,000 of em a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                    Pfffft. That is nothing the C4 ZR1s sold for over $100K and you can find those being used as chicken coops now. I'd love to find one of those cars and do a case study based on the chain of title. Everyone from the idiot in the 90s who bought it new for six figures to the guy who owns the trailer it is parked behind today.
                    yeah you can find a pretty nice sub 100k mile 90-92 ZR1 for like $10k
                    2012 GT500

Comment

I saw a new anniversary car priced at just over 50 and couldn't believe how high the price was. Used at $60k is robbery.

I'd want to go the mildly modded GT route personally.

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                        I wouldnt do it, Aaron. I'm going to look into a GT350 Q3 next year myself, and with them producing several thousand of them a year, all the wait times should be over.

They did the same thing to GT500s, yet they made around 10-11,000 of em a year.
                        I wasn't even considering it, just thought it would make for a decent thread topic. Even with the GT350 I don't see myself paying much of a mark-up, I think you're right, it's a waiting game, they will come down, and the 50th cars will drop like a rock. To be honest, I've got the mod bug again after a many year hiatus, and I see myself getting into a GT early to mid next year, along with a blower, exhaust, suspension bits, shifter, etc...

It would be stupid to do that with the "highly valuable" 50th anniversary car, and I don't see the GT350 having a huge aftermarket. That flat-plane V8 though...

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                          To be honest, I've got the mod bug again after a many year hiatus, and I see myself getting into a GT early to mid next year, along with a blower, exhaust, suspension bits, shifter, etc...
                          I think that's the best combination of affordable+fun.

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                          That flat-plane V8 though...
                          Having had the privilege of going sideways in one, yes. It's pretty special.

Comment

I need to get a blower for mine...and hood struts.

Comment

They'll be $20k in 5 years for an extra clean one. Fuck paying $60k now.
                              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
                              X