Best place to get away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
    LOL. Well according to a lot of people we are missing out on life's greatest gift whose awesomeness we'll never be able comprehend.

Back to the OP's question and everyone recommending Mexico trips to the Yucatan side... I couldn't tell you exactly why but I just don't like that side of Mexico. I would much rather to to the Pacific side - I love the desert/ocean feel and atmosphere in Cabo.
    I totally agree, the Pacific side is much more beautiful and scenic imo, because of the surroundings. Can Cun and the like is flat, the only scenery is the beach, and the jungle doesn't appeal to me much. The ruins are cool though.

Plenty of folks travel with their kids, and though the destinations may be a tad different sometimes, it can still be a lot of fun. It's the racecar shit and art that we can't afford.

Comment

LOL. Well according to a lot of people we are missing out on life's greatest gift whose awesomeness we'll never be able comprehend.

Back to the OP's question and everyone recommending Mexico trips to the Yucatan side... I couldn't tell you exactly why but I just don't like that side of Mexico. I would much rather to to the Pacific side - I love the desert/ocean feel and atmosphere in Cabo.
      I have had a few people tell me that, we dont need anything over the top just a nice place to sleep. We will want to explore a little, just a nice relaxing get away.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
        I don't mean to shit on your idea, but Jamaica is fucking filthy. That's why everyone else is recommending Mexico.
        We went to Jamaica last summer and enjoyed the resort very much, we stayed on the resort except for one journey to go zip lining. Don't really get the filth part when most everyone stays at the resort anyway.

Comment

My wife and I are heading to Eureka Springs, AR next weekend. Staying in a private cabin
          Scott Ganow
          Lone Star Performance
          16300 Midway Rd
          Addison, TX 75001
          214-630-5006

Comment

I'll take those Caribbean 90* days and 85* water all day long over anything the Pacific offers. Stay away from Cancun and Playa unless for some reason you think you have to stay at one of those huge all-inclusives (even though the food and drinks suck and excursions cost more).

Without doubt, Mexico is THE place to 'get away' because the USA is starting to be a suffocating mess.
            When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
              I'll take those Caribbean 90* days and 85* water all day long over anything the Pacific offers. Stay away from Cancun and Playa unless for some reason you think you have to stay at one of those huge all-inclusives (even though the food and drinks suck and excursions cost more).

Without doubt, Mexico is THE place to 'get away' because the USA is starting to be a suffocating mess.
              Good all inclusives can have some damn good food. Plus 24hr room service and non stop drinks! Its all in which resort you choose.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                Good all inclusives can have some damn good food. Plus 24hr room service and non stop drinks! Its all in which resort you choose.
                Yeah, I think it depends entirely on which one you stay at. A buddy of mine has one he loves in Cabo I believe, but it isn't a Sandals affiliate (which most all inclusive resorts seem to be)
                Originally posted by BradM
                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                Originally posted by Leah
                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by zemog View Post
                  We went to Jamaica last summer and enjoyed the resort very much, we stayed on the resort except for one journey to go zip lining. Don't really get the filth part when most everyone stays at the resort anyway.
                  The water clarity there is just terrible and the island itself is pretty much a shit hole. I prefer the Cozumel area myself.

Comment

Eastern Europe is a travel bargain and the people of the former Soviet satellite states love Americans. It is not very cold there yet but the tickets there may be starting to go up in price.
                    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Hedonism
                      The hand that feeds, bleeds.

Comment

Austria.

Comment

Working...
                        X