No announcement yet.

Anyone here flown Spirit Airlines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hawaiian has never had a fatal accident in its entire history, nor has it ever had an accident with a hull loss and is the oldest US carrier with such a distinction in both fields.

Qantas 16 July 1951, 7 people dead.

Comment

Interesting how they can manage to avoid it, and other companies have changed their names because nobody would fly with them anymore. What's it come down to, better mechanics? lol
      WH

Comment

Just flew on Spirit from DFW to Orlando and back. As far as the equipment and people it was similar to other airlines in my opinion. The plane seemed cleaner than any of the other stuff I typically fly on, but I only fly about 4-6 times a year mostly with American on a MD-80. Other than the price the biggest difference I noticed was the boarding process. With American it seems to me like there is 5-6+ "special" clubs that get priority boarding which ends up being about 60-70% of the passengers. Emerald, bronze, silver, gold, platinum, the list goes on and on. I don't even know what why you would bother with all that shit since it appears that almost everyone fits into some special club and it just slows things down. By far the biggest reason I went with Spirit was the price. $424.xx out the door for four round trip tickets from DFW to Orlando with three check bags each way. I think AA wanted $32x.xx for each person and that was without checked bags the last time we checked.

Comment

Awe shit, we're flying Spirit to Cancun next week. I'm short so probably ok there but I can't stand walmart people.

Comment

My brother and flew round trip to Ft Lauderdale a few months ago for $69 each. No issues at all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
            2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by musclestang89 View Post
              Just got back from vegas flying on Spirit. To me the plane felt just like southwest. Small and cramp, but i figured since the price was cheap. They do have seats with extra room that cost 35 extra. They will try amd nickle and dime you to death if you are not carefuk. I chose random on the seat so i didnt pay extra. No drink or snack is free, so i didnt buy anything and just waited.

My flight was on time and no delays on both trips. Overall , getting me to vegas it did the job the cheapest.
              We've used spirit twice for Vegas trips and this is exactly our experience with them also. We got the "upgraded" seats the second trip and had room to stretch our legs. Also if you buy the tickets at the airport it's cheaper than online
              --Marcus

Comment

I fly spirit all the time back and forth to New Orleans. I just do a carry on with just my clothes. I keep toiletries at my friends house. $124.00 round trip on the last flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Spirit is fine unless you don't read the website and show up with a couple big bags. Just take a personal item like a back pack and you are fine.
                  The aircraft are also the newest fleet in the US with lots of A320s and 3 A321s under three years of age.
                  The worst part is that Spirit contracts out the rampers and gate agents. They don't pay them a lot and there is very high turn around.

If you want to pack 100lb bags, get a free coke and pay $400 for a ticket then go with AA.

Comment

My best friend and his wife got hosed by spirit last week. They were supposed to be flying back to Dallas from Orlando on Saturday. Spirit cancelled due to weather. Even though all other airlines were making their flights with minimal delay. Spirit told them the next available flight was in 5 days. Then would only credit them 1/3 of the ticket price.

Comment

Working...
                    X